• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Agreed. If you are being paid, your time is not yours. One’s boss deserves someone with a clear head

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What they are doing is illegal. They are in violation of the terms of their "medical" cannabis cards.

Certainly in violation of number 4, and likely violating one, two, and three as well.

These guys are breaking the law, and they are subject to arrest. Number one on this list looks like it's illegal to even sit in the driver's seat of a parked vehicle while under the influence. That's how I read it, anyway.
    They are required to sign this legal document when they buy their "medical" weed:

I am getting fed up with this shit

I have three decent size jobs going, 2-5 million each, with different subs on each job and different guys bouncing back and forth and it seems that around 20-25% of these **** ups are burning weed on my time

I am gonna say another 5-10% are pillheads

And right now out of around 100 men I don’t believe I have any drinking on my time or even coming in hung over.

Very different from when I was young and it was 50% drunks and 10% potheads but at least back then we had the decency to hide it

And I asked a bunch of guys who sub from us after lunch and over half of the guys I asked have weed cards, some I wouldn’t have guessed , I guess half the people would rather have weed than their rights

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Sounds like they are subject to having their weed cards revoked.

What would happen to someone with a Wear and Carry permit who started brandishing their gun on the job? How far would they get claiming they had a permit? They'd be lucky if they only got their permit revoked.

Those weed cards carry a whole list of reasonable restrictions. They are violating them. They can lose their cards, even get arrested.

Why not print out that document and post it with a notice that you will not tolerate any violations of the restrictions? If you can't print it from my post, send me a PM with an e mail address and I'll send you a PDF.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Maybe a random drug test right after lunch one day.

At one time I worked in a structural steel fab shop. At full strength we probably had 70 guys working. When work would slow down a bit, instead of laying anybody off, the boss would come out into the shop at the 2:00 break and announce a drug test for 7 am the next morning. There was never a drug test but the next day 30 guys wouldn't show up. When work picked up again they would track them down and bring them back in.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Problem is, the guy who smoked a little at home on a Saturday night two weeks ago will flunk that test, same as the guy who is smoking at work.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I am getting fed up with this shit

I have three decent size jobs going, 2-5 million each, with different subs on each job and different guys bouncing back and forth and it seems that around 20-25% of these **** ups are burning weed on my time

I am gonna say another 5-10% are pillheads

And right now out of around 100 men I don’t believe I have any drinking on my time or even coming in hung over.

Very different from when I was young and it was 50% drunks and 10% potheads but at least back then we had the decency to hide it

And I asked a bunch of guys who sub from us after lunch and over half of the guys I asked have weed cards, some I wouldn’t have guessed , I guess half the people would rather have weed than their rights

I feel your pain. No excuse for not being ready to work with a sober body and mind. That being said, what kind of pay are these sub's making?

I ask because someone is always replaceable, either the employer or the employee. If they can get equal pay somewhere else easily then in their mind (right or wrong) the employer is easily replaceable and they will do what they want. On the other hand, if you can get someone better cheaper, then the employee is easily replaceable so fire them and get better for equal or cheaper.

That being said, what kind of pay are we talking about?

Example, you should expect but can't necessarily put your livelihood on a minimum wage worker showing up on time taking responsibility and attaching himself to the outcome.
    But...
    If you have a guy making 250k he will take ownership and tell his wife they can't go on their anniversary Dinner cause he has something that came up really important at work and he'll get that f'in job done.

So are we talking about sub's making:
    100 a day
    150 a day
    200 a day
    250 a day
    300 a day
    Etc....

It makes a different in what you can expect from them (not what they should be doing)

PS......I have not missed a day of work in 20 years because I was sick.
    My policy is that you show up for a meeting 15min early and hangout so there is no way you are late. A 10 min backup in traffic still let's you be 5 min early.
    Sober at work, not even a topic of discussion.
    I'm really strict but never ever ask anyone to so anything I would not do myself.
    If someone is missing for x,y or z reason I'll fill in no problem.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I'll never believe that burning plant matter and inhaling the smoke is "good" for you. But, doing it once or twice a day vs 20-40 (two to three packs of cigarettes) a day and being physically addicted to the point you are completely aware it's killing you....... and you still continue the use???????

My grandmother died of Emphysema and other lung related disorders. She smoked from the age of around 13 until her late 60's, died at 77 years old but had a REALLY miserable last few years. She could barely walk to the bathroom without being totally out of breath and near fainting.

My alcohol background includes a father who was so much of a drunk he went out for a gallon of milk one night and was gone for 3 days (long before the days of cell phones). I've got a dozen stories like it, every single one was alcohol fueled. Ended when I didn't see him for over 2 years after he had been my Dad for the first ~11 years of my life. When you are in 5th grade and you begin to realize you might never see your Dad again,... makes for a pretty shitty childhood.

My wife's Dad was very similar, he would start drinking at lunch time some days and that was the end of it, treated everyone in the family like total shit and we had to tiptoe around him. He beat my brother in law like a grown fvkn man while he cowered in the corner with the rest of the family watching in horror. My mother in law still deals with it today (I've been married for 25 years this month). Same with many of my friends growing up, families totally torn apart by alcohol abuse usually coupled with at minimum mental abuse, many of us both mental and physical.

Tons of excuses, lots of ways for me and others I know to make up reasons why one or both of our parents were worthless.

Take a wild guess how many people I know who were casual or habitual marijuana users and shit on their family like my first hand examples above?

Zero.

My dad started smoking at the age of 15 and smoked for the next 41 years of his life. He didn't die from tobacco he died from complications of alcohol consumption. My dad's sister started smoking at 15 too and died at the age of 80 from colon cancer, the Pall Mall non-filtered cigarettes she smoked for 65 years didn't kill her. My dad was a naval officer. For the first 10 years of my life he was gone 75% of the time. For the later half of the 60's he was always in WestPac. He earned 23 stars on his Vietnam service ribbon. He was at MACV from May of '67 to May of '68, I don't need to hear about the possibility of your dad not coming home.

My father in law smoked from the age of 18 to 75, when he died of lung cancer, he inhaled hexavalent-chromium during his working life managing chemical plants, which caused his lung cancer.

A friend of my youngest daughter is a really smart guy. He got a full ride to Georgetown, he went for a year or so and flunked out. He was more interested in getting high than he was in studying and improving his lot in life. He lost a good job working at the airport because he would rather smoke weed than keep a job.

If weed was completely legal I wouldn't smoke it due to the fact that I smoked tobacco for 29 years, from age 11 to 40 and I know how hard it was to stop tobacco and I don't want to start smoking anything again becasue I would start smoking tobacco too.

Funny think is I have been on numerous heart and heart related medications for the past three years. I haven't had a headache that wasn't alcohol induced and since I am on arthritis medicine I don't have pain in my extremities.

Generalities are okay but they don't apply to everyone. Your experiences are not everyone's experiences.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    As much as I get annoyed by people who get really into vaping, it is at least less terrible for you because you don't have to actually combust anything.

But seriously though folks, do your job sober for everyone's sake.

cswann

Sep 9, 2010
    Frederick MD
    A coworker of mine asked me this question and I had no idea so I started looking into this for him and can not find a straight answer.

So the situation is, a coworker of mine has several guns, hunts and what not. His wife is going through a medical issue and is in the process of getting her Medical marijuana card to help with the medical issue. So as it currently sits, it is pretty clear that in doing so she can no longer obtain or transfer any weapons and it seems that she must give up the current weapons she "owns". The gray area is, does her husband have to do the same? I cannot find anything that touches on her husbands weapons or weapons within the house etc.

Does anyone have any information or can help shed some light on how to legally tread these waters?
    I thought I had read that legislation passed that this would not be enforced in MD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cswann

Sep 9, 2010
    Frederick MD
    A coworker of mine asked me this question and I had no idea so I started looking into this for him and can not find a straight answer.

So the situation is, a coworker of mine has several guns, hunts and what not. His wife is going through a medical issue and is in the process of getting her Medical marijuana card to help with the medical issue. So as it currently sits, it is pretty clear that in doing so she can no longer obtain or transfer any weapons and it seems that she must give up the current weapons she "owns". The gray area is, does her husband have to do the same? I cannot find anything that touches on her husbands weapons or weapons within the house etc.

Does anyone have any information or can help shed some light on how to legally tread these waters?
    https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.c...-denying-firearms-to-medical-marijuana-users/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My dad started smoking at the age of 15 and smoked for the next 41 years of his life. He didn't die from tobacco he died from complications of alcohol consumption. My dad's sister started smoking at 15 too and died at the age of 80 from colon cancer, the Pall Mall non-filtered cigarettes she smoked for 65 years didn't kill her. My dad was a naval officer. For the first 10 years of my life he was gone 75% of the time. For the later half of the 60's he was always in WestPac. He earned 23 stars on his Vietnam service ribbon. He was at MACV from May of '67 to May of '68, I don't need to hear about the possibility of your dad not coming home.

Generalities are okay but they don't apply to everyone. Your experiences are not everyone's experiences.

It wasn't meant to be a competition. My Dad wasn't at "war" (obviously), I wouldn't be bitching if he had an actual excuse for abandoning us beyond addiction and bad life choices.

I also understand some people smoke and drink their entire lives and are fine. My argument is over the legality of it all, why are certain drugs legal and championed by most.....while others are still frowned upon.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I just can't get over the fact that the State has set up standards that must be followed for a Pot Card that is NOT legal to begin with. The State is breaking the law giving you the card.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Only passed the Senate. Died in the House. And even that MD bill would not (could not) alter federal law.

I would argue that there's already a carve-out for holders of a medical marijuana card. Section 13-3313(a)(1) of the Health-General Article of the MD Code provides that a qualifying patient may not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or any civil or administrative penalty . . . or be denied any right or privilege, for the medical use of or possession of medical cannabis."

That seems pretty clear to me that a gun owner cannot be stripped of his or her right to own/possess/use that gun on account of being a card holder, nor can he or she be prohibited from owning/possessing/using a gun that he/she acquired after obtaining a card. I am not familiar with the issue, but I believe that the State Police has taken some position to the effect that they won't approve a 77R unless a patient has relinquished a card for 12 months, but, if that's true, I think that's phooey.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I would argue that there's already a carve-out for holders of a medical marijuana card. Section 13-3313(a)(1) of the Health-General Article of the MD Code provides that a qualifying patient may not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or any civil or administrative penalty . . . or be denied any right or privilege, for the medical use of or possession of medical cannabis."

That seems pretty clear to me that a gun owner cannot be stripped of his or her right to own/possess/use that gun on account of being a card holder, nor can he or she be prohibited from owning/possessing/using a gun that he/she acquired after obtaining a card. I am not familiar with the issue, but I believe that the State Police has taken some position to the effect that they won't approve a 77R unless a patient has relinquished a card for 12 months, but, if that's true, I think that's phooey.
    State law doesn't override the fact that the prohibition is Federal Law.

Being a retired Fed, that's had my share of random drug tests, we were made well aware of the fact that it's still illegal under Federal Law.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    State law doesn't override the fact that the prohibition is Federal Law.

Being a retired Fed, that's had my share of random drug tests, we were made well aware of the fact that it's still illegal under Federal Law.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

I was responding to the issue of Maryland law. With that said, I’m curious as to whether you can point me to a provision of the GCA of 1968 that would require a card holder to relinquish his/her firearm on account of that card (hint: I don’t think you will be able to find one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom