HEY, LETS GET PRACTICING! Post videos/evidence of your practice HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I should try to post some new video's up here too, I've some of recent practice but only posted it in a closed group on the BookFace.

BigT, next year you need to come shoot the DE state IDPA. It was a good match, and there was some solid competition this year. 3rd ESP was a lady shooter from up north I hear was pretty legit. Not only was she 3rd ESP and 5th OA she was the most accurate for the match. Duda won, next year I'll have to push a little harder, that's two years in a row he's got me. I think I played it to safe in a few places.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I should try to post some new video's up here too, I've some of recent practice but only posted it in a closed group on the BookFace.

BigT, next year you need to come shoot the DE state IDPA. It was a good match, and there was some solid competition this year. 3rd ESP was a lady shooter from up north I hear was pretty legit. Not only was she 3rd ESP and 5th OA she was the most accurate for the match. Duda won, next year I'll have to push a little harder, that's two years in a row he's got me. I think I played it to safe in a few places.

Man, I don't know if I can stand IDPA anymore. But I did hear good things about that match.

The thing this season is that I'm shooting a Limited gun that's not legal in IDPA and the 1 IDPA match I did shoot set my muscle memory on my Limited gun back a week or so. Kind of annoying.

Maybe in a future season when I'm back to shooting Prod I'll shoot an IDPA major or 2.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Yikes. That CZ TSO .40 is badass. Have you made any modifications? I would've assumed (incorrectly) that the recoil from .40 would be significantly greater than 9mm but, watching your videos, it looks to be nearly the same. The speed at which you're able to take shots is incredible.

Well done! Impressed beyond words! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Yikes. That CZ TSO .40 is badass. Have you made any modifications? I would've assumed (incorrectly) that the recoil from .40 would be significantly greater than 9mm but, watching your videos, it looks to be nearly the same. The speed at which you're able to take shots is incredible.

Well done! Impressed beyond words! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Yeah the TSO really is a masterpiece. Best handgun I've ever shot.
    I've made a couple small mods. Switched out the stock magwell for a CZ custom version, put on some LOK grips, and had CZ Custom do a trigger job.
    That's it though.
    The recoil is very manageable if you grip her tight!
    I'll be buying another as a back up, if I can ever find one used for a decent price. They are tough to find in .40 these days.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Thanks man! Yeah the TSO really is a masterpiece. Best handgun I've ever shot.
    I've made a couple small mods. Switched out the stock magwell for a CZ custom version, put on some LOK grips, and had CZ Custom do a trigger job.
    That's it though.
    The recoil is very manageable if you grip her tight!
    I'll be buying another as a back up, if I can ever find one used for a decent price. They are tough to find in .40 these days.

I shot IPSC back in the late 80's/early 90's with a 1911 and I know that USPSA kind of evolved from it but, not sure of the exact history/timeline. The guns have really changed, though. I don't imagine you see a lot of your fellow competitors using single stack 1911's these days, do you?

One of the many reasons I like CZ's is because they don't require a lot of major modifications to shoot well. Trigger job, upgrade grips, change a spring or two and they're ready to go up against anything out there. I recently picked-up a Shadow 2 and it shoots so well, I don't want to do anything to it (yet). LOK grips are probably the first upgrade I'll eventually make.

Your mechanics are solid but, the mag changes are incredibly fast. Keep the videos coming!

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I shot IPSC back in the late 80's/early 90's with a 1911 and I know that USPSA kind of evolved from it but, not sure of the exact history/timeline. The guns have really changed, though. I don't imagine you see a lot of your fellow competitors using single stack 1911's these days, do you?

One of the many reasons I like CZ's is because they don't require a lot of major modifications to shoot well. Trigger job, upgrade grips, change a spring or two and they're ready to go up against anything out there. I recently picked-up a Shadow 2 and it shoots so well, I don't want to do anything to it (yet). LOK grips are probably the first upgrade I'll eventually make.

Your mechanics are solid but, the mag changes are incredibly fast. Keep the videos coming!

1911s are still alive and well in USPSA in the single stack division along with the double stack version 2011 in Limited. However IMO the TSO easily competes with the high end ($4000+) 2011s at half the price!

Thanks for the support. If you want to put that Shadow 2 to good use (USPSA Production div) let me know and we will get you info on local matches.

For more of my vids there are a bunch of match videos on this thread: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=208687&page=8

Best matches are the most recent.

Hope it inspires you to come out and shoot with us!

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Man, I don't know if I can stand IDPA anymore. But I did hear good things about that match.

The thing this season is that I'm shooting a Limited gun that's not legal in IDPA and the 1 IDPA match I did shoot set my muscle memory on my Limited gun back a week or so. Kind of annoying.

Maybe in a future season when I'm back to shooting Prod I'll shoot an IDPA major or 2.

That is a plus to me shooting Single Stack this year, I can use the same gun for ESP and SS it's just add a vest and different holster/pouch set up. I also have to unpin my GS, and remove the mag release button. I practiced for about 2 weeks with IDPA gear, now I have a couple more weeks before Area 8.

If you have a legal gun that feels similar the switch isn't that hard. My SS guns feel similar enough that I could easily switch back to Limited if I wanted to. I use wide grips on the SS guns to feel like a 2011, similar safety, same shape trigger same sights etc.

The hard part for me is switching gears between the two. The pace of trying to shoot mostly Alpha's and some close Charlie's as fast as I can, and the pace of must shoot all -0 is a little different. Some of the guys I shoot with will ask why I shoot so much slower in IDPA, "because 1 second a point hurts" I really wasn't accurate enough at this match, and I only dropped 18 points. I think overall it's probably good for me switching back and forth some. But my focus remains on getting faster.

Because I like to tinker. I'm thinking about trying to build a 2011 to fit the CCP box. Make the most gamer CCP gun I can :D

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    1911s are still alive and well in USPSA in the single stack division along with the double stack version 2011 in Limited. However IMO the TSO easily competes with the high end ($4000+) 2011s at half the price!

Thanks for the support. If you want to put that Shadow 2 to good use (USPSA Production div) let me know and we will get you info on local matches.

For more of my vids there are a bunch of match videos on this thread: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=208687&page=8

Best matches are the most recent.

Hope it inspires you to come out and shoot with us!

Yes, I'd like to get caught-up on all the rules changes and re-familiarize myself with the match format. Let me know if you have anything scheduled for the week of 8/27? Thanks!!!

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    On the CZ side a tricked out P01 would be pretty gamer for CCP

I know basically nothing about CZ's, I'll look into that.

I'm thinking of a 2011, full length wide dust cover, commander slide chopped up like a limited gun. 4" Bull Barrel. Then either cut down a plastic grip to officer length or buy a Aluminum Infinity "Compact Carry Grip". Then add some 113 mm mags. I'll chamber it in 40 so I can use my same loads I use in everything else. May need to bump the powder up just a touch. Boom, crazy CCP gun that you wont see vary often.:party29:

Could also double as a back up Limited gun. Or a sick CCW.:innocent0

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Yes, I'd like to get caught-up on all the rules changes and re-familiarize myself with the match format. Let me know if you have anything scheduled for the week of 8/27? Thanks!!!

I'll have just shot Area 8 championship that weekend, and the next match I'll shoot with be at Anne Arundel Fish and Game if you want to come out the first Saturday of Sept.

However if you are asking about private training that week then yes I have availability at my range in Taneytown MD.

www.targetfocus.net

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'll have just shot Area 8 championship that weekend, and the next match I'll shoot with be at Anne Arundel Fish and Game if you want to come out the first Saturday of Sept.

However if you are asking about private training that week then yes I have availability at my range in Taneytown MD.

www.targetfocus.net

I'd like to come down to AAFG and check it out the first Saturday in September!

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I'd like to come down to AAFG and check it out the first Saturday in September!

Great! You can shoot the match by signing up via practiscore.com. Search the match under AAPS (Anne Arundel Practical Shooters). I would also advise you to follow the group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnneArundelPracticalShooters/?ref=br_rs

They post when the sign up goes live, and it fills up fast.

You can also just come by and observe. Matt, or Jason will be the match director. You'll have to let them know you are going to watch. Bring eye/ear pro and come a little after 9am to introduce yourself. I'll be in a TargetFocus shooting jersey.

Let me know if you have any questions: www.targetfocus.trevor@gmail.com

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Great! You can shoot the match by signing up via practiscore.com. Search the match under AAPS (Anne Arundel Practical Shooters). I would also advise you to follow the group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnneArundelPracticalShooters/?ref=br_rs

They post when the sign up goes live, and it fills up fast.

You can also just come by and observe. Matt, or Jason will be the match director. You'll have to let them know you are going to watch. Bring eye/ear pro and come a little after 9am to introduce yourself. I'll be in a TargetFocus shooting jersey.

Let me know if you have any questions: www.targetfocus.trevor@gmail.com

Sounds good! Thanks for the invite! I'll see you there! :party29:

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    I know basically nothing about CZ's, I'll look into that.

I'm thinking of a 2011, full length wide dust cover, commander slide chopped up like a limited gun. 4" Bull Barrel. Then either cut down a plastic grip to officer length or buy a Aluminum Infinity "Compact Carry Grip". Then add some 113 mm mags. I'll chamber it in 40 so I can use my same loads I use in everything else. May need to bump the powder up just a touch. Boom, crazy CCP gun that you wont see vary often.:party29:

Could also double as a back up Limited gun. Or a sick CCW.:innocent0

If you want to check out a tricked out P-01, let me know. I have one...

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    sick run. what's the % with those hits?

Not great, I was shooting Minor so it's only a 10.24 HF for about 90% in Single stack. If I can pull those D's into the C zone I'm looking at 12 HF and over 100%. My goal was time, I was looking for a sub 4 with no Mike's. It didn't happen....Yet. After running several runs in the low 4's I think a 5 second run would feel really slow. I think that is progress.

I think the D's were mostly just getting on the trigger a fraction to soon, and pulling off the target a bit too soon. I didn't check my splits much, but I think I was running sub .20 splits and transitions. Basically I was trying to shoot as fast as I could pull the trigger for every shot. I need to get my draw and reload consistently under 1.0, and I think with a better grip I'll have more control. Then run some Blake drills at 10 yards to get used to the transitions at that speed. Put it all together and I'll get that sub 4 run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom