• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chuckmaurice

Jun 30, 2019
    I think the app requires a specific codec to be used, so not just any camera will work.

That's probably your problem, the camera you have may be using a different codec so it's not going to work.

Hello and thank you for your response .
    The original camera that is used by Bullseye is an FC1405PC, and it works in H264? it's strange?

have you ever been able to operate a camera with Bullseye?

Chuckmaurice

Jun 30, 2019
    I think the app requires a specific codec to be used, so not just any camera will work.

That's probably your problem, the camera you have may be using a different codec so it's not going to work.

may the application work with MJPEG?
    Here are the error messages:

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
      IMG_0036.jpg
      17.6 KB · Views: 349
    • IMG_0035.jpg
      IMG_0035.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 368

Chuckmaurice

Jun 30, 2019
    Thanks for the interest. Here is the link to the files. https://grabcad.com/library/rangecam-v2-1

As for using the bullseye software I haven’t tried to use it with my camera. Even if it does work I’m not sure I would use it. While I think they did a good with their product they are not really features I would use often.

If you do build one post pics here and if you make any improvements let us know as well.

Good luck.

Hello ToolAA
    I am building a camera like yours.
    You did a great job with your camera, I do not know if I'll be able to do as well as you.
    I'm trying to make mine work with the Bullseye app, but I can not make it work. Do you have any advice to give me, so that Bullseye works?

thank you

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hello ToolAA

I am building a camera like yours.

You did a great job with your camera, I do not know if I'll be able to do as well as you.

I'm trying to make mine work with the Bullseye app, but I can not make it work. Do you have any advice to give me, so that Bullseye works?

thank you

I don’t know how to connect to the bullseye app. I actually had one and sold it but from my understanding the bullseye app looks for a specific IP address of the camera and a specific name. I thought someone posted it above.

Have you been able to connect to your camera using the manufacturers app on your tablet or phone?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I have been kicking around the idea of getting something every sense i went to a Hooligan shoot . watched a you tube vid. on 4g solar outdoor camera why wouldn't something on that line work ?

Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I have been kicking around the idea of getting something every sense i went to a Hooligan shoot . watched a you vid. on 4g solar outdoor camera why wouldn't something on that line work ?

I hear Hooligans will have that effect on people.

So I might be getting senile because I cant find the 4g solar outdoor camera video. Can you link to the post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    may the application work with MJPEG?
    Here are the error messages:

Looks to be a proprietary script between the bullseye app and the web service running on the bullseye camera, so not sure if you can use the app without some modification to the native programming on the camera

Notice the usr=bullseye, that is the username being sent to the mini web server on the camera, along with the password (pwd=bullseye2015). There is also a cgi script command being sent SnapPicture2.

So unless you know a good programmer and can unlock the camera web server to modify usernames, passwords, and recreate the camera to act upon the command sent, I'm not sure it will ever work. I don't blame bullseye for doing that, as it is a form of IP protection.

And no, before you ask, I have no idea how to crack it.

Chuckmaurice

Jun 30, 2019
    I don’t know how to connect to the bullseye app. I actually had one and sold it but from my understanding the bullseye app looks for a specific IP address of the camera and a specific name. I thought someone posted it above.

Have you been able to connect to your camera using the manufacturers app on your tablet or phone?

Hello ToolAA
    Yes, I can connect to the camera with the original application and it works very well with tablet and phone.
    But I would also like to work with Bullseye, I might end up finding the trick ...

thank you

Chuckmaurice

Jun 30, 2019
    Looks to be a proprietary script between the bullseye app and the web service running on the bullseye camera, so not sure if you can use the app without some modification to the native programming on the camera

Notice the usr=bullseye, that is the username being sent to the mini web server on the camera, along with the password (pwd=bullseye2015). There is also a cgi script command being sent SnapPicture2.

So unless you know a good programmer and can unlock the camera web server to modify usernames, passwords, and recreate the camera to act upon the command sent, I'm not sure it will ever work. I don't blame bullseye for doing that, as it is a form of IP protection.

And no, before you ask, I have no idea how to crack it.

Hello Scout6

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    I think like you, the web server of the camera must have a little trick ...
    I keep looking, if I find something, I'll let you know.

Thank you

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    you tube has a good to look at but haven't found the original one i watched

Was it this video? https://youtu.be/DSbjUJkoX5w

It looks like a standard webcam but with a cellular radio. However I can’t seem to find any pricing for the unit or wireless plans.

So to answer your question a setup like this could work, provided the shooting location had a strong cellular signal, on whatever network was required by the camera unit. However, I suspect that if this unit is indeed for sale, there would be a monthly fee to access the wireless carrier services, and it’s probably at least $30/month.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Was it this video? https://youtu.be/DSbjUJkoX5w

It looks like a standard webcam but with a cellular radio. However I can’t seem to find any pricing for the unit or wireless plans.

So to answer your question a setup like this could work, provided the shooting location had a strong cellular signal, on whatever network was required by the camera unit. However, I suspect that if this unit is indeed for sale, there would be a monthly fee to access the wireless carrier services, and it’s probably at least $30/month.

didn't think about the monthly fee. maybe even have the capability of spying on ya ?

martin777

Dec 29, 2018
    Oklahoma City
    At my RANGE yesterday a guy was working up loads for a .223 at 200yds.
    He welcomed me and my redneck RangeCam to join him.
    He shot the best one holer I've seen lately (What luck!) and did not see it with his spotting scope.
    He would have chalked it up as a flier had it not been for
    the ability to view good shot-to-shot images.
    And U can blast 1 cheapo target all day long. :D
    Many Kudos to ToolAA. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Near the top of shot 6 is the 1 holer.

Shot 5
    Shot #00015.jpg

Shot 6
    Shot #00016.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads