View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 01:13 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
There was a guy in my freshman class in college who was paralyzed from rabies vaccine. That was way back in 1969, maybe the risk changed, or maybe it was Guillian Barre, which was also associated with the swine flu vaccine.

I saw a film from WW2, US doctors came to a town somewhere in No. Africa where 5 guys just got bitten by a rabid dog. They were standing around with bandages on their arms or legs. Then they filmed them as they were dying of rabies a couple weeks later. You don't want to die of rabies.
I think the vaccines they use now are different. Back then they were still doing the shots in the stomach and (I think) still using exposed animal tissue to make it. The ones now are just 4 shots in the arm and made from human diploid cells. I don't know what a diploid cell is, but I feel smart when I say it.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote