• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakos

Outta Control
    Dec 25, 2010
    On a related subject, it has been a while since I went to a show, so I went to HC yesterday. While at the show, I could find no primers or powder...Is there a rule or reg prohibiting at shows?

Then again, I may have missed them...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    On a related subject, it has been a while since I went to a show, so I went to HC yesterday. While at the show, I could find no primers or powder...Is there a rule or reg prohibiting at shows?

Dont think there is any law or reg for shows. Its just who are there and if they sell them.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I usually pick up my primers and powder at the Chantilly show. There Large Pistol primers were in the low thirties...like $31.95.

Joe

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan

$30/1,000 for Federal primers at last weekend's HoCo show.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Just paid $49.95 plus tax for a carton of 1000 Winchester Small Pistol Primers at Bass Pro. I think that I got "took" but can't do anything about it now. This is higher than ordering on-line with Midway even taking the hazmat charge into account. :mad54:

Seems that I need to pay better attention in the future. Any suggestions for a local (Eastern Shore) source for more reasonable priced primers? Don't think I'll be going back to Bass Pro any time in the near future.

Yeah, I've been gouged by Bass Pro, too. I like when you ask for brick and they bring you a pack of 100 primers; who is buying 100 primers at a time??

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yeah, I've been gouged by Bass Pro, too. I like when you ask for brick and they bring you a pack of 100 primers; who is buying 100 primers at a time??

i did first time i reloaded.. didnt know about buying them by the brick.

first time i bought reloading supply was at gander mountain they sell them by 100s. :o

Cowboy T

DAG Ammo sells the Tulammo primers for $21/1000, last I checked. This was at the last Fredericksburg show. There's another one coming up March 17-18. The Tula primers are just a wee bit large, but not so much that they don't fit into the pocket. They also have a slightly higher brisance and cups about as hard as CCI's. They always go bang for me. Good bargain, those.

For the yellow brass .44 Spl and .45 LC, I tend to like the Winchester LPP's, just 'cause of aesthetics. Typically I see those for about $28/1000. Will find out March 17-18 if or how much they've gone up.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Was at the gunshow in Fairmont WV, with j8064, & buff7mm on Sat, we seen a few vendors selling primers and powder. Its amazing how one table sells the exact same thing the other one sells for a different price. Always walk the whole show before you buy, or before you pass out from the BO floating around.:eek:

I paid $31 for a case (1000) Win Large Pistol primers, and $21 for Win 231 powder. Not super cheap, but less then most gunshops Ive been running to.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    DCR is correct...take a deep breath of fresh air before you go into gun shows. :sad20: We thought buff7mm might pass out before he finally got outside. At the same show I paid $15 for a pound of BL-C(2) and $23 for IMR4064. Not too bad for these days. Primers were going from $31 to $37 a brick for various brands. I scored what I needed for $32. The days of 1 cent primers and cheap powder are, sadly, long gone.

Feb 17, 2009
    Clydes on Hammonds Ferry rd has powder and primers,(CCI small pistol)$37 for 1000 primers or $5/100,$20 for a lb of alliant power pistol.

Last edited:

Vision

Apr 10, 2011
    Havre de Grace, MD
    In the interest of bringing this thread "back" I was just up at Cabels in Hamburg, PA today and they had primers there that ranged from 30 to 40 per 1000 depending on small vs large. Powder also seemed reasonably priced as well, i got a 1 lb Hodgdon Varget bottle for $26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom