• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I was curious if anyone’s bought one, and whether it’s Maryland legal or not?

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I am currently in the market for an AK74 and from what everyone is telling me and from what I can see the PSA AK74 are MD legal. However I have called 2 FFL's today and they have both told me because they are not on the Maryland State Police Licensing Division Reviewed Firearms List they will not do the transfer.

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I am currently in the market for an AK74 and from what everyone is telling me and from what I can see the PSA AK74 are MD legal. However I have called 2 FFL's today and they have both told me because they are not on the Maryland State Police Licensing Division Reviewed Firearms List they will not do the transfer.

Gotcha man and hopefully it’ll be Maryland legal in the future

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    It is, it's not like the handgun roster where every version has to be reviewed before sale.

The bigger issue is available stock. PSA has been out of them for months

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    It is, it's not like the handgun roster where every version has to be reviewed before sale.

The bigger issue is available stock. PSA has been out of them for months

I saw one on PSA yesterday afternoon. apparently you have to go on thier website during weekdays around 4PM to find rifles

WarPig68

May 9, 2012
    Pasadena

As stated, Field Traders in Pasadena will take care of you for that.

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    So I finally got one. After the recommendations on here I reached out to Field Traders in Pasadena. Unfortunately Palmetto will not ship an AK to a Maryland FFL so I had to find one through a 3rd party on Gunbroker. But Its here and I cant wait to shoot it. Sorry I dont have my feet in the picture. I will post a range report when I get a chance.

Attachments

• ak74.jpg
      ak74.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 353

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    So I finally got one. After the recommendations on here I reached out to Field Traders in Pasadena. Unfortunately Palmetto will not ship an AK to a Maryland FFL so I had to find one through a 3rd party on Gunbroker. But Its here and I cant wait to shoot it. Sorry I dont have my feet in the picture. I will post a range report when I get a chance.

That looks beautiful man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom