• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    It's a Monoprice Architect, which is a rebranded Qidi, which is a clone of the Flashforge Creator, which is a clone of the Makerbot Replicator 1 Dual.

HOWEVER, I have upgraded the living hell out of the printer since I bought it, so your results may vary. Depending on your needs, the Monoprice Maker Ultimate and Maker Select could probably do the job.

I've been looking to get into 3d printing, and this might put me over the edge

what upgrades have you done to yours?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've been looking to get into 3d printing, and this might put me over the edge

what upgrades have you done to yours?
    Removable magnetic glass heated bed, upgraded power supply, rail tightening, plastic enclosure walls, dual Micro Swiss extruders, etc. Only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did was auto-leveling/tramming.

Simplify3D was also worth paying for. SO much better controls over print settings, and it can do some very useful tricks for hard prints. Meshmixer is the other essential bit of software that I use, because it produces amazing supports.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Removable magnetic glass heated bed, upgraded power supply, rail tightening, plastic enclosure walls, dual Micro Swiss extruders, etc. Only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did was auto-leveling/tramming.

Simplify3D was also worth paying for. SO much better controls over print settings, and it can do some very useful tricks for hard prints. Meshmixer is the other essential bit of software that I use, because it produces amazing supports.

Auto leveling is really worth the $60 upgrade in pressure sensors if the board already has the inputs.

I also agree that Simplify 3D is well worth the $95 price tag. I really struggled with Cura.

Oh what modeling software are you using?

Nice work by the way. I have been thinking of machining a 10/22 receiver out of aluminum plates and blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom