• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I keep seeing ads from Shooters lube on my Facebook feed all the time lately.
    Anyone try it? Like it or is it snake oil? I don’t just buy solvents or oils that are not tried and true. It looks like it may be a decent product by the reviews but I would much rather hear from a member here.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Never tried it. Only thing I ever use is Mobil 1 synthetic oil, and Mobil 1 synthetic grease (for rifles) and Milcomm TW-25 synthetic grease for pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The stuff is odorless, colorless and breaks down the gunk and carbon making cleaning a breeze. Also, the oil is super good. Bottom line, the stuff works and is good...

Is it petroleum based? Vegetable based? Silicone based?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Sort of like frog lube? Which when left on firearms becomes tacky and hard to remove. Frog Lube is plant based and I'd never use it again. It may be ok if you're using it while shooting but if you use it as lube/protectant after cleaning and then storage it's junk. I'm sticking with Ballistol. Never tried Mobil 1 but I know a few members here that do........

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Sort of like frog lube? Which when left on firearms becomes tacky and hard to remove. Frog Lube is plant based and I'd never use it again. It may be ok if you're using it while shooting but if you use it as lube/protectant after cleaning and then storage it's junk. I'm sticking with Ballistol. Never tried Mobil 1 but I know a few members here that do........

I've posted this before, so I just copied and pasted my old reply from another thread

Did anyone else see MAC's quick video on Instagram of his Browning Hi Power? He lubed it 2 years ago with Frog Lube and released the slide and it literally closed in slow motion.

https://instagram.com/p/BNVs5TehUPO/

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Vegetable based oils will eventually go rancid and coagulate. Not good for guns. Actions, in particular, suffer from theses ill effects.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What weight Mobile 1 are you using? I use the synthetic grease but have never tried the oil (on firearms).

Cheapest.

10W-30 typically.

Mobil 1 for oil lube. Mobil 1 grease for grease points.

BirchWood Casey Sheath or Barricade for preservative.

Done.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Only thing I ever use is Mobil 1 synthetic oil, and Mobil 1 synthetic grease (for rifles) and Milcomm TW-25 synthetic grease for pistols.

TW-25 synthetic grease is my favorite. It's great for slide rails and really helps keep the bore fouling to a minimum on my lead revolver reloads. A four once tube has lasted me over 12 years. Never thought about Mobile1 but I'll get some and try it. A quart should last a couple of lifetimes :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom