• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Here we go folks!!! According to the DPSCS website the next scheduled meeting of the Handgun Permit Review Board has been posted.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE IS A MONDAY... I will try to confirm the date and it may be subject to change.

The following is a cut and paste from the DPSCS website:

The Handgun Permit Review Board will hold a public meeting to introduce new Board Members as well as review rules and regulations proposed for approval by the Handgun Permit Review Board. Agenda will be posted prior to the meeting.

There will be no appeals heard at this meeting.

Meeting will be held on June 17th, 2019, 6:00 pm at 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 20132

*additional meeting dates will be posted as they become available*

Board Members
    The Honorable Frederic N. Smalkin - Chairman
    James L. Ballard, Jr. - Board Member
    Jacques R. Cowan - Board Member
    Daniel F.C. Crowley - Board Member
    Nicholas J. Paros - Board Member
    Michael H. Stelmack, Executive Director
    James S. Pasko, Assistant Attorney General
    F. Todd Taylor, Jr., Executive Director
    Stevi Ambrose, Administrator

This thread will be used for discussion of the meeting of the HPRB on June 17, 2019.

DPSCS website link below. This link will be updated to reflect a change of meeting status or possible change of venue. Future meeting dates, time, and the location of the meeting is posted on the DPSCS HPRB website.

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Link to a map of the meeting location below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...hUKEwi6yPrkzd_iAhWLv1kKHbzFDe8Q8gEwAHoECAoQAQ

Follow Community Place around to the right past the Learning Center.

Link to LIVE STREAM to be determined. Will update.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm ready.

giphy.gif

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    AppleHD (et al),

I will have to figure out the audio. I closed my account with my stream host since the HPRB was dead. I am not sure what the plan is at this point. I will keep everyone up to date as I figure out a plan.

Mark

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    AppleHD (et al),

I will have to figure out the audio. I closed my account with my stream host since the HPRB was dead. I am not sure what the plan is at this point. I will keep everyone up to date as I figure out a plan.

Mark

I was also planning on having it live streamed on the PP page.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Ok, so I installed streaming software on my server last night. Its similar to the old one, without any of the additional costs. I am going to test it out a little more until I feel confident it will do the same job. The only thing I have to work out is where to host all the recorded files and build a page for them. I will keep everyone up to date.

Mark

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I will update the OP when the streaming location(s) are determined.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Ok, so I spent a little time today messing with this. I have the server setup and I believe ready to go. It's actually better in some respects that what I was paying $10/mo for and this is free(ish)!! I created a landing page at http://www.rlemedia.com/liveradio.html that has the player embedded on it. I will add the direct play urls to it later on. It's has a feature where it will play music until the remote connection is made, then it fades out and the remote feed comes up. I still don't know how well it will handle the listener load yet, so we will see how that goes. I also have a webhook feature that will send emails out to a list when the remote feed goes live as well, so if anyone wants a low-tech alert I can do that now. It also lets me give other users access to feed the stream into the server, so for days I can't make it, someone else can steal a microphone and feed the stream. Now, I guess we'll see if I can work these days back into my schedule :)

Mark

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thank you for keeping an eye out should be interesting. Can someone remind me how many cases they generally get through on a normal evening ? I asked before but didn’t see an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thank you for keeping an eye out should be interesting. Can someone remind me how many cases they generally get through on a normal evening ? I asked before but didn’t see an answer.

The board would do more, but the MSP refuses to allow more than 15 per session. Hence the molasses-like movement on this front.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The board would do more, but the MSP refuses to allow more than 15 per session. Hence the molasses-like movement on this front.

Monday night's meeting will only be to introduce the board and for them to discuss, vote on and implement new rules and procedures for going forward.

But for more traditional board meetings my esteemed colleague is almost correct, the MSP kicked up their heels at providing more than 14 case files per meeting. Occasionally more were heard and how that happened we are not completely sure.

For anyone that cares I'm hearing that the OAH proceedings are taking over two hours. For one case. Remember that if you are in the pipeline and also
    remember that state Sen Lyin' Pam Beidle testified that it wouldn't be a burden on the average Joe at OAH.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A little blast from the past but when we started attending the HPRB meetings back in early 2015 they heard four or maybe five cases per night and I remember when Chairman Thomas announced that they had a backlog of over 30 cases that it was Yuge deal, lol.

My initial meeting of many MDS members including Protege V, PJDiesel, Brooklyn, DC-W, Cypherpunk and even the legend Rack&Roll and many many others were at these HPRB hearings. LCPIWB, JimBoy, Jack McCauley, Montoya32, Shafted, Bigfoott44, TopTechAgent, Gryphon, Jaybeez, AppleHD and his lovely mother (God rest her soul), Hillbilly Grandpa, Deep Lurker, Mark Grutz, Not_an_Outlaw, Dblas, NateIOU (probably misspelled), Charlie Foxtrot, BobA, RamblingOne, esquapellate, Silent Partner and the list goes on, my apologies for those who I have missed.

Good times gents, watching Maryland history in the making long before the Demanding Mommies discovered this "travesty of justice" and started scheduling stenographer duties to their new lackeys who could then misrepresent the goings on to equally dim bulbs McFadden and Madaleno in the Senate and the dimmest of bulbs Atterbeary in the House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom