• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    I've had several discussions recently with gun control folks. Seems like I've noticed a pattern:

Them: Have to control/limit/ban "whatever"
    Me: How do you define "whatever"
    Them: Well, I don't really know all the terminology, but anything like "whatever, whatever"
    Me: Ok, but you understand that includes "this, that, and the other thing" right? You want to ban all that?
    Them: But surely there's no need for "whatever"
    Me: Well, here's 3 or 4 reasonable and valid uses for "whatever"
    Them: I'm not interested in discussing this anymore. Goodbye.

Sound about right?

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    I've seen that. I've seen a refreshing amount of "let's cut the bs I actually want to repeal the 2nd" which I respect for the intellectual honesty.

I think people are mainly just tired of the bickering and just want to stop seeing the body counts.

But to be blunt, if I were anti-gun I probably wouldn't want to discuss the issue with anyone from this site either.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    You need to be wearing this during questioning.

latest

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    I've seen that. I've seen a refreshing amount of "let's cut the bs I actually want to repeal the 2nd" which I respect for the intellectual honesty.

I think people are mainly just tired of the bickering and just want to stop seeing the body counts.

But to be blunt, if I were anti-gun I probably wouldn't want to discuss the issue with anyone from this site either.

Seriously? I always try to be rational, polite, and informative. I'm on this site. So you wouldn't want to discuss it with me?

:)

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere

I don't mind discussing with an anti, I just have trouble finding anti's who have any knowledge of guns. That is the one that always gets me about the subject. Most of the people demanding changes don't even know anything about it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

If they gave a shit about stopping body counts they would outlaw cars and abortions. They don’t care about body counts, they want a disarmed public they can rule all the whole taking your liberty from you

Fvck them and the horse they rode in on

Not that i would wish a brutal robbery and rape on these ignorant unarmed sheeple but....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Surely there are many who want the end of violence, I among them.

I'm also certain there many who, every time there is a mass shooting, jump out of their chairs, thrusting both arms in the air is if to shout "touchdown!". Their agenda is not nonviolence. These people know, with every mass shooting, the country will move closer and closer to the ultimate repeal of the 2A. This is their goal. The martyrs are a necessity to that end.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Which they are equally clueless about the meaning of, so, no respect for their opinion of that either.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Just today I shared out a FB post (not sure why and even less sure why I respond to comments) pointing to someone who took a few screen shots of case search. Basically they were highlighting that two people from PA were arrested of gun and drug charges and ROR'd which pretty much means we will never see them again. Now this particular post also included a third image of a local person who had to post bond to be released. Had a libtard person comment back and the first thing she noticed is the names were not blacked out for the two PA offenders but was for the local and it immediately went to racism. Nothing to do with the fact that gun crimes are not prosecuted. I have no idea why the one was blacked out and the others were not but how that is the first thing someone notices goes to show what they are really looking for.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

It may be intellectually honest to say the real goal is to repeal the Second Amendment, but it would be abysmally stupid to conclude that this would lower the body count. The bumper sticker is undeniably accurate: if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. There are examples nationwide, mostly in urban areas run by Democrats who have outlawed or severely restricted private ownership of firearms. The body count has gone up, not down. Bringing emotion to an honest discussion is not a winning strategy.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    Seriously? I always try to be rational, polite, and informative. I'm on this site. So you wouldn't want to discuss it with me?

:)
    ESPECIALLY You ;-)

I'm not only saying that because members of this site can be.... enthusiastic....in their views, but also you probably know more than the average American in regards to guns and your anti-2A counterpart would probably realize quickly that they're not going to change your mind.

I'm speaking in generalizations here of course.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The anti-gun politicians and editorial writers always screech about "reasonable gun control" but never (and won't) define what they mean by "reasonable". Any time a gun control law passes these same usual suspects always state it's a "good first step" but always refuse to say what the final step is. They know if they do a lot of support will drop as what they want is too far...bans and confiscation.

I suggest that anyone at a town hall with such politicians or write to anti-gun media like the Washington Post and ask the question "At what point will you stop demanding more gun control?" They'll squirm trying to avoid an answer. The Post and other newspapers will not run the letter to the editor. They really don't like being put on the spot.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Surely there are many who want the end of violence, I among them.

I'm also certain there many who, every time there is a mass shooting, jump out of their chairs, thrusting both arms in the air is if to shout "touchdown!". Their agenda is not nonviolence. These people know, with every mass shooting, the country will move closer and closer to the ultimate repeal of the 2A. This is their goal. The martyrs are a necessity to that end.

Exactly right brother :thumbsup: and that's why the mental health component of that equation is treated like the third rail and not discussed for more than a headline.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    It may be intellectually honest to say the real goal is to repeal the Second Amendment, but it would be abysmally stupid to conclude that this would lower the body count. The bumper sticker is undeniably accurate: if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. There are examples nationwide, mostly in urban areas run by Democrats who have outlawed or severely restricted private ownership of firearms. The body count has gone up, not down. Bringing emotion to an honest discussion is not a winning strategy.
    No arguments there, I just find "abolish the 2nd" more consistent and logically sound than the "AR-15s shoot magic bullets that only target children and banning them will solve all our problems" nonsense.

Let me clarify logically sound != My endorsement of that view and in the context of banning piecemeal in a "boil the frog" manner

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Here’s another aspect I’ve been thinking about.

It seems to me that the Second Amendment is only part of the issue. Due process, property rights, restricting interstate commerce…these are other side effects of gun control I find troubling from a legal perspective but rarely hear much discussion about.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If they gave a sh_t about stopping body counts they would outlaw cars and abortions. They don’t care about body counts, they want a disarmed public they can rule all the whole taking your liberty from you

along the lines of my thoughts. how many die from drunk and distracted driving, yet zero talk of banning booze or cell phones. if 'they' cared about saving lives, they'd be marching for this. but, they enjoy and use alcohol and cell phones, so not even under consideration.

they hate guns, have no use for them, and as such, they'd just as soon see them gone. since they're not going to rely on them to save their lives, guns can only hurt them so get them gone. and presumably they don't think the 2a is applicable or needed anymore.

we either need to get them started in the shooting sports, explain why 2a is relevant and necessary, or just outvote them.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    we either need to get them started in the shooting sports...

Ive heard so many times about people who were very anti-gun until they actually tried shooting and found they enjoyed it and it was not as “terrifying” as some make it out to be. I think this a great approach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom