• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Just got my PPQ 45 back after a Tungsten Cerakote job by Legion Rifles and Talon grips. What do ya think?

Attachments

• 20170322_191726.jpg
      20170322_191726.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 618
    • 20170322_191738.jpg
      20170322_191738.jpg
      96 KB · Views: 577
    Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Just got my PPQ 45 back after a Tungsten Cerakote job by Legion Rifles. What do ya think?

Same question as above if you dont mind telling. It looks great. I'm really not trying to make any fashion statements with my firearms but for a decent price why not dress up my glock a bit.

How does cerakote hold up on the polymer grip. Does it feel any different?

Also how do you like that PPQ? I really like the feel of Walther pistols and my next gun may be a Q5.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Is that just Tungsten, or tungsten mixed with graphite black to darken it a little? Very nice, I like it! (looking for some options for a couple handguns)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm thinking of going my AR in this color it's not as good looking on the Cerakote website but looks great in your pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Is that just Tungsten, or tungsten mixed with graphite black to darken it a little? Very nice, I like it! (looking for some options for a couple handguns)

I believe it's just tungsten, I had my AR-10 6.5cm done in titanium but after doing my PPQ I wish I did it in tungsten as well.

Attachments

• 20170312_175219.jpg
      20170312_175219.jpg
      74.8 KB · Views: 373
    • 20170312_175236.jpg
      20170312_175236.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 389

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I think that looks great. With the trigger upgrade, it really makes it 'your' gun and sets it apart from all the other PPQ 45's out there. Very cool.

I just got a 5" PPQ but I'm already considering the PPQ 45 for pin matches and anything where the extra-oomph of .45 ACP is preferable to 9mm. I'd be interested in knowing your impressions since you posted pics.

How does yours shoot?

One thing I was surprised to learn is that the PPQ 45's barrel has polygonal rifling and as I understand it, that means lead bullets are to be avoided - jacketed only. That's a slight downside but not a deal-breaker, though. I barely have time to shoot these days, let alone, cast my own bullets and reload but, if I ever did, the PPQ 45 would be a bit more expensive because of that design feature. It wouldn't stop me from buying one.

I'm also eager to see where Walther takes the PPQ 45. If we're lucky, maybe they'll come out with a long-slide/match variation of it in the near future.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I believe it's just tungsten, I had my AR-10 6.5cm done in titanium but after doing my PPQ I wish I did it in tungsten as well.
    Yea, I was looking at titanium, but didn't want that bright of a color on a handgun, so I'm pretty sure it'll be tungsten, hope to have it finished later this week. I like the looks of yours!
    One thing I was surprised to learn is that the PPQ 45's barrel has polygonal rifling and as I understand it, that means lead bullets are to be avoided - jacketed only. That's a slight downside but not a deal-breaker, though. I barely have time to shoot these days, let alone, cast my own bullets and reload but, if I ever did, the PPQ 45 would be a bit more expensive because of that design feature. It wouldn't stop me from buying one.
    A lot of Glock shooters have disproven that generality. You do have to be careful to watch for leading, but properly done, cast loads in a poly-rifled barrel are perfectly safe. ;)

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    A lot of Glock shooters have disproven that generality. You do have to be careful to watch for leading, but properly done, cast loads in a poly-rifled barrel are perfectly safe. ;)

One reviewer over-emphasized it and I also thought it was pretty broad generalization. It really depends on how hard/soft you make them. I was using an alloy of tin/wheel weights and shot thousands thru other pistols without a trace of lead fouling. Granted, they didn't have polygonal bores but they were fairly hard cast.

Last edited:

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    I think that looks great. With the trigger upgrade, it really makes it 'your' gun and sets it apart from all the other PPQ 45's out there. Very cool.

I just got a 5" PPQ but I'm already considering the PPQ 45 for pin matches and anything where the extra-oomph of .45 ACP is preferable to 9mm. I'd be interested in knowing your impressions since you posted pics.

How does yours shoot?

I'm also eager to see where Walther takes the PPQ 45. If we're lucky, maybe they'll come out with a long-slide/match variation of it in the near future.

I love my PPQ45 it is hands down my favorite pistol. It shoots great. I own a 5" PPQ as well with Dawson sights and Apex trigger.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I love my PPQ45 it is hands down my favorite pistol. It shoots great. I own a 5" PPQ as well with Dawson sights and Apex trigger.

Those are both nice upgrades. Hope you don't mind if I set mine up similarly? :D I don't think PPQ's need a lot of modifications to shoot well but the Apex trigger and better sights only make a very good pistol into an outstanding one.

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The Tungsten looks nice.

My favorite is the Blue Titanium shown in a pic along side the Burnt Bronze.

Liked it so much I had my AR lower and Magpul foreend painted BT

Attachments

• P1040366.JPG
      P1040366.JPG
      125.2 KB · Views: 240
    • Beau AR 2 (2).JPG
      Beau AR 2 (2).JPG
      52.1 KB · Views: 177

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads