• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Got the twins yesterday!!!!!! Top one BOD is 9-July (wife's) and bottom ones BOD is 22 June . Some of the minor differences from a casual look. The older one came with the pinky extension the newer didn't not really a big deal as the 10 rounders are range use only and the 12 rounders have it . The cases are the new small ones and no standard , When opening the case the proper way my cable lock was in the top portion , wife's is in the bottom again no big deal as they already have been removed. Enough of the negative and onto the positive.

This little gem is a beast , no issues with the ammo we brought. Wife is a Glock Girl and the only iron sights she is good at is on a rifle. She was knocking the hell out it . She constantly had to out do me. If I set the target at 15 she would do 16 , 10 she was doing 12 . Longest I did was 20 yards she had to do 25. 320 rounds for each was done in 2 hours (we shared a lane so really 640 total rounds) . Comparing the G19 Gen 4 and the Sig P365 I can tell by observing my wife that this is a superior weapon. Between 150 and 200 rounds she gets a lot of FTF's due to her getting tired. After 320 she was wishing we brought more.
    Between the different grained bullets I didn't notice any recoil difference. They will get a bath now and get ready for their next range trip or CCW excursion which ever comes first!!!!!

Attachments

• ammo.jpg
      ammo.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 534
    • twins.jpg
      twins.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 531

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    How are they holding up?

No problems so far . Been busy getting ready for our son coming home (honey to do list is huge) . Will finally get to carry it starting next Friday. I have only carried my Sig 320 (in 45) which wasnt a issue I cant see this being one either :)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    picked one up a couple weeks ago, absolutely love it, 147gr are noticeably softer shooting than most, but 147gr Sig V-crown are the only round that mine ever choked on, wouldn't go fully into battery on 2 or 3 out of 40 rounds, but they are unusually short with a wide HP cavity. 124gr HSTs were drilling the bullseye out, with mild recoil, have several boxes, carry them in my G19, so now carry them in the 365 too. This little gem shines in a kydex "taco" appendix holster.

20180904_145939.jpg

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    picked one up a couple weeks ago, absolutely love it, 147gr are noticeably softer shooting than most, but 147gr Sig V-crown are the only round that mine ever choked on, wouldn't go fully into battery on 2 or 3 out of 40 rounds, but they are unusually short with a wide HP cavity. 124gr HSTs were drilling the bullseye out, with mild recoil, have several boxes, carry them in my G19, so now carry them in the 365 too. This little gem shines in a kydex "taco" appendix holster.

View attachment 241855

Nice outfit you got there.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks, the wife makes fun of my affinity for matching CF gear
    I also have a ZT (562) with CF grips. Used to have the same model with the black G10 grips that I left with a friend when traveling in Asia as he couldn't easily get ZT knives. I've found the CF one to pocket a bit more smoothly, but conversely find the grips to be a little slick in the hand - and as a result kind of miss the one with the G10 grips which were more secure (I know that I can change these out). Knowing that you usually consider function, what was your motivation to go with CF grips beyond the aesthetic appeal?

(Please excuse the minor thread detour, Frogman)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I also have a ZT (562) with CF grips. Used to have the same model with the black G10 grips that I left with a friend when traveling in Asia as he couldn't easily get ZT knives. I've found the CF one to pocket a bit more smoothly, but conversely find the grips to be a little slick in the hand - and as a result kind of miss the one with the G10 grips which were more secure (I know that I can change these out). Knowing that you usually consider function, what was your motivation to go with CF grips beyond the aesthetic appeal?

(Please excuse the minor thread detour, Frogman)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Some of the better handle designs are shaped in a way that they lock in by shape alone, and don't really need a rough texture to stay put, in the same way some slippery handle shapes add rough scales as a crutch. The ZT452 is a great design, fits my hand well, and never slips, the relatively smooth scales keep it comfortable, and slide in-out of the pocket easily. A grippy front scale also doesn't help much, being most of your grip is on the perimeter of the handles, and your palm on the slick lock side, only your fingertips are in contact with the show side scale. In a 452 specifically, even a pinch grip doesn't matter being the pivot is textured with "spokes" to index and give a little extra grip. I really like the looks of carbon fiber compared to plain G10 especially coming from an automotive/engineering background, although in the vast majority of scales there isn't a huge difference, CF is much stiffer and lighter. There are not a lot of knives that make the most of the material, but those that do, like the BM 940-1 are a little lighter, have a better pivot(due to less flex around the pivot/lock) and more rigid overall feel than the G10 version. While it's as stiff, with the same action as the aluminum version, the relatively large decrease in handle weight helps blade balance.
    20180929_081332.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom