• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    Anyone that shoots .410 knows how expensive it can be. 12 & 20 are often on sale for $5.00 (or so) per box, but .410 is usually $10-$12 a box. I swung by Dick's in Wheaton today, not looking for anything in particular, and stumbled on Winchester AA .410 marked down to $4.97. They had 10 boxes on the shelf and I grabbed them all. I was able to use a $10 off coupon making the final cost $3.97 a box.

As I'm walking away from the register, I hear the clerk call me "uhh, sir..." So, I'm thinking: crap, the price was mis-marked or something. He then says "you forgot the rebate form". Why yes!, yes I did! There's an additional $2/box rebate bringing the final cost to $1.97 ea (plus tax). Grand total: $42.09 with $20 on the way from Winchester.

So, if you're near Dick's might be worth a look.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well shit. I'll have to see if there is a Dick's near me. On vacation right now, but I'd love to pick them up at $5 a box!

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Anyone that shoots .410 knows how expensive it can be. 12 & 20 are often on sale for $5.00 (or so) per box, but .410 is usually $10-$12 a box. I swung by Dick's in Wheaton today, not looking for anything in particular, and stumbled on Winchester AA .410 marked down to $4.97. They had 10 boxes on the shelf and I grabbed them all. I was able to use a $10 off coupon making the final cost $3.97 a box.

As I'm walking away from the register, I hear the clerk call me "uhh, sir..." So, I'm thinking: crap, the price was mis-marked or something. He then says "you forgot the rebate form". Why yes!, yes I did! There's an additional $2/box rebate bringing the final cost to $1.97 ea (plus tax). Grand total: $42.09 with $20 on the way from Winchester.

So, if you're near Dick's might be worth a look.

For a second I was thinking "What a great idea, stop by my local Dick's", which quickly turned into "CRAP, he said he wiped out Wheaton"

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Fingers crossed the Dick's going in to Ellicott City will carry ammo and guns. Would make this kind of crap a lot easier when I have one 15 minutes away instead of 30.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Fingers crossed the Dick's going in to Ellicott City will carry ammo and guns. Would make this kind of crap a lot easier when I have one 15 minutes away instead of 30.

Don't hold your breath. Was it HoCo's idea to pull the guns and ammo out of the Columbia store?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I hit up the Dick's in Fredneck last night and grabbed most of their stock of 20ga Winchester. It was buy one, get one half off plus the rebate form for $2/box. Took total down to $3.24/box.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You guys are killing me. I'll hope the Glenn burnie store has some. If I am lucky Friday at lunch I can run over there from work.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I hit up the Dick's in Fredneck last night and grabbed most of their stock of 20ga Winchester. It was buy one, get one half off plus the rebate form for $2/box. Took total down to $3.24/box.

I stopped by there on my way home. The shells you picked up are WINCHESTER's, but they are not their AA branded shells. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think you will get the rebate.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012
    No AA .410 at Frederick marked down, guy said he never had any priced that low and it may have been gone before the sale. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom