• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Yes, but it’s all worth it. My daughter is making me look good as a guide. Her second deer of her hunting career. 8 pt. 3 on one side and 5 on the other. Her first deer was a big 10 pt.
    Very nice. Congrats to her. She looks pretty happy too!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, but it’s all worth it. My daughter is making me look good as a guide. Her second deer of her hunting career. 8 pt. 3 on one side and 5 on the other. Her first deer was a big 10 pt.

Congratulations to your daughter for a fine deer.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I took my oldest son out today, we froze our butts off and didnt see much other than a low flying hot air balloon go over head.

We had to quit early due to other family activities, but we'll be back out tomorrow afternoon.

diver

Nov 6, 2017
    Well, I was supposed to have a few days off during the week, so I was out hunting. In the morning I used my compound bow in a blind that my friend set up for his crossbow. Long story short, when I saw his rest when I got there and swearing to myself I would remember I needed to shoot over it, I nicked his foam rest, and my arrow went over the back of a decent 8 point (it did scare him pretty good though). Then in the afternoon I sat in a different spot in a tree, and about 2 hours before dark, who should show up off of the normal path, on the wrong side, with the wind blowing at him. The same freaking deer! To make it more frustrating, I was called back in to work for the next few days.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Heading out with the youngest daughter shortly, Good Luck to the youth hunters this afternoon! Be safe, be successful and remember how lucky we are to be able to spend quality time with family and friends!
    We are truly blessed no matter what happens, good luck to all.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Mine came in and got away some time last night. On his way out he punched out 16 panels of my loop-loc pool cover. Not talking hoof holes, but completely shredded sections. Total loss that will be a multi thousand dollar replacement.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_1497.jpg Gotta love it when this happens, Ha ha not so much for the girl though.Talk about disappointed! Close enough to bow shoot, right from downwind out of nowhere.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Definitely a kick in the groin day for me too. That's why they call it hunting and not shopping.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Probably going to head out after work Thursday with my neighbor. Hoping for decent weather.

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Used my bonus antlered deer stamp for this 9 pointer. Him a 4 and a spike came in behind 7 or 8 does. I've got some video of them sparring I'll try to post tomorrow. The does wanted no parts of any of the bucks.
    And I can't figure out why my phone pics come up sideways.

Attachments

• IMG_4708.jpg
      IMG_4708.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 179

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    He'll be back, cant get em all! At least its good to know some decent ones are still around that didn't get fly sick. It was pretty quiet this evening, not a lot of shooting going on maybe tomorrow who knows.

I'm not familiar with that term. Could someone enlighten me?

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Used my bonus antlered deer stamp for this 9 pointer. Him a 4 and a spike came in behind 7 or 8 does. I've got some video of them sparring I'll try to post tomorrow. The does wanted no parts of any of the bucks.
    And I can't figure out why my phone pics come up sideways.

Another nice one. Congrats.
    You have to take the pics with the phone sideways to avoid fallen over syndrome. I think sometimes rotating the pics helps,but sometimes it doesnt. Most cellphone cameras are made to be used sideways I think.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater