• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Understood guys. And I know it's not MSP. It's the laws in the state we live in that suck... :sad20:

I received my "Congratulations" email at 0600 this morning like danb predicted. The new toy is out of jail. Next time I'll know what to expect - maybe...

:innocent0

The first time is a little confusing and stressful;)

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    As the seller, I received the following Sunday morning and clicked Complete firearm transfer, BUT didn't receive the option to print out a copy for my records. Yesterday morning, I called the Licensing Division and explained that I want a copy of the transfer for my records. She replied, the only way is to get the buyer to provide you with a copy.

That just doesn't seem right that I can't have a copy of the sell of a regulated firearm. Any words of wisdom? !!

Congratulations. Application, 201705xxxx, has been Not Disapproved by the Maryland State Police. Please contact your Buyer, John Doe, to arrange transfer of the firearm. Please be aware that Maryland Public Safety Article 5-124(c) requires the transfer of the regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as being Not Disapproved.

Click the following link to complete the sale of your weapon: Complete firearm transfer.

Thank you,
    The Maryland State Police,
    Licensing Division
    410-653-4500

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Then split the $35-50 to have FFL transfer .

Even in Maryland we have choice and I selected MDSP over a FFL.

With an automated system, both the seller & buyer should be able to receive a copy of the 77R without performing screen shots. If privacy is concerned, they can x out SSN etc. We aren't talking rocket science.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Buyers can print their 77r. I can go into one I did months ago and still print it out.

Maybe ask the buyer to print it.

That is a good idea.

Back to the original question: why in the sam-hell was the system designed that the seller couldn't print a copy. Just doesn't make sense.

mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    I received a response to a PIA in regards to the Licensing Portal. See below for an interesting tidbit -

"To date (11/03/2017), the Licensing Portal has received and processed 42,791 applications, and 40,371 citizens have logged in and created an account."

1.06 applications per person - that seems crazy to me. I've completed 5 applications just myself. I guess I'm in the minority.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I received a response to a PIA in regards to the Licensing Portal. See below for an interesting tidbit -

"To date (11/03/2017), the Licensing Portal has received and processed 42,791 applications, and 40,371 citizens have logged in and created an account."

1.06 applications per person - that seems crazy to me. I've completed 5 applications just myself. I guess I'm in the minority.

Wow. 43,000 guns. thats a lot!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Stupid question, I am on day 8 now. Out of town for another day and then too busy to get over to my FFL for one more. My application still lists as under MSP review. 7-days is up, I assume I could pick up the lower I have on freeze? Last time I did this dance it was a paper process. Of course it go go to not disapproved between now and Tuesday, but figured I’d ask now before bothering my FFL tuesday morning.

I feel like I remember reading something that state holidays were the one exception to the 7-day thing, so Thanksgiving means I wouldn’t actually be “not disapproved” until tomorrow???

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Stupid question, I am on day 8 now. Out of town for another day and then too busy to get over to my FFL for one more. My application still lists as under MSP review. 7-days is up, I assume I could pick up the lower I have on freeze? Last time I did this dance it was a paper process. Of course it go go to not disapproved between now and Tuesday, but figured I’d ask now before bothering my FFL tuesday morning.

You should get an email when you are not disapproved. Remember, Thurs was a holiday.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wow. 43,000 guns. thats a lot!

No, that is 43,000 applications. Some are doubles or more. Probably not many of them, but I got to wave around my DC letter the other day for the two lowers I am waiting to break waiting period heck.

Also I think I might have been in that “registered, no application” territory as I did that right after Halloween, but I didn’t start an application until 2 or 3 weeks later as it took awhile for the FFL I was ordering from to get their ducks in a row and ship it to my FFL here in MD.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    After 7 days, you can pick up the firearm even if MSP has not issued the not disapproved. That portion of the law remains unchanged even with the licensing portal.

But check with your FFL. Some have different policies regarding release.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    After 7 days, you can pick up the firearm even if MSP has not issued the not disapproved. That portion of the law remains unchanged even with the licensing portal.

But check with your FFL. Some have different policies regarding release.

Thanks. I figured the troopers have been too busy checking midway and cabela’s for sales, plus vacation time, to get through much last week.

I’ll call my FFL Tuesday if I am still in “waiting” mode.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not disapproved email this morning. I guess with the holiday it took them a couple of extra days.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not disapproved email this morning. I guess with the holiday it took them a couple of extra days.

I have to admit, the MSP have done a pretty decent job with this new system. I have been happy with the results so far.

But I'm still surprised it sent so well.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Reported previously in this thread, the portal seems to not count holidays properly. They are not counted as days for the 7 days, when they should only come into play if the day of release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom