• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I’ve been doing a lot of research and forum searching and I just can’t decide what can I want. I’ve narrowed it down to the saker 762, aac sdn6 and maybe the GA recce 7.

It will be going back and forth between my 6.8 and AR 308. I eventually plan on putting a 300 blk pistol together too. Weight is not as important to me but sound suppression is. I do want it to be quick attach but I do like that the saker has a direct thread option.

I’ve read that the sdn6 is dated design but it has a attractive price. I wanted to stay under 800.

im Ready to put my order in in the next week or two and I’m leaning toward the saker but I’d like to hear opinions on any other options. Thanks

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I’ve been doing a lot of research and forum searching and I just can’t decide what can I want. I’ve narrowed it down to the saker 762, aac sdn6 and maybe the GA recce 7.

It will be going back and forth between my 6.8 and AR 308. I eventually plan on putting a 300 blk pistol together too. Weight is not as important to me but sound suppression is. I do want it to be quick attach but I do like that the saker has a direct thread option.

I’ve read that the sdn6 is dated design but it has a attractive price. I wanted to stay under 800.

im Ready to put my order in in the next week or two and I’m leaning toward the saker but I’d like to hear opinions on any other options. Thanks

I went with the saker 762 for a 308 and my 300blkout. Still waiting on my paperwork though. I believe I payed under 800 and got a free 22 cal suppressor( still waiting for silencerco to ship the 22 suppressor)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    waiting on a Griffin Optimus, primarily for 9mm, 300BO and 308, but it works with everything from 22LR- 300 win mag, includes 22 and 9mm end caps, a 30 cal baffle and blast shield for rifles, and a booster for handguns, I got the direct thread, 3 lug and minimalist blast shield with a few of their taper-mount muzzle devices. Not really QD, but really large tough and coarse threads that lock it in only a couple turns. They do have a gate-lock adapter for A2 and other muzzle devices. It's 1 3/8" x 6.6" 12oz with adapters adding 0 to 3 inches and up to 5oz. Have played around with it in the shop, but still a couple months away from trying it out.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The Silencerco Omega has a $100 cash back refund from Silencershop. That puts it right at your $800 price point. Both the Saker and SDN6 are great suppressors but are dated. They are also very heavy.

The Rugged Razor is another great choice. And closer to $700. I would definately get that before the ones you listed.

I went with the Omega because I like the muzzle devices better and really like the ASR mount.

Good luck

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Second vote for the Silencerco Omega. Direct thread or quick mount. Different end caps available. Versatile can with very good sound suppression.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Everyone has their favorite. I won't clog this up any more with mine. Everyone loves the one they have. Go to sites like The Silencer Shop and read through the reviews. Then go from there. Price can sometimes be the deciding factor.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Everyone has their favorite. I won't clog this up any more with mine. Everyone loves the one they have. Go to sites like The Silencer Shop and read through the reviews. Then go from there. Price can sometimes be the deciding factor.
    Totally agree. In the end, sound reduction performance of these cans is not all that different from one another, so price, mounting system, and length/weight can be big discriminators.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County

I value your opinions and recommendations.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I value your opinions and recommendations.
    Basically anything from SiCo, Rugged, or Dead Air is going to be pretty good stuff at this point. What you need to focus on is what weight and length you're looking for... as you may surmise, there's no free lunch. Remember the iron triangle of cans: length, weight, sound suppression, choose two or spend more money.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Basically anything from SiCo, Rugged, or Dead Air is going to be pretty good stuff at this point. What you need to focus on is what weight and length you're looking for... as you may surmise, there's no free lunch. Remember the iron triangle of cans: length, weight, sound suppression, choose two or spend more money.

Agreed :thumbsup:

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county

I'll agree with the above, everyone has their favorites and you can't go wrong with SiCo, Rugged or DA. All are excellent.

One note about the Saker 7.62. There's two generations of that suppressor. I happen to have a first generation and against the Omega, I actually like it a little better (and yes I have an Omega as well which is almost as good). I won't go into why I like better as that's subjective. SiCo revised the Saker making it longer and cheaper more in line with the competition. There's nothing outdated with it - it's an excellent can (both generations). Most of the sound ratings out there are for the first generation however the second generation suppresses a little better than the first. Given the length and weight, it's probably not the best for your first but for a precision gun - that's its place. Although I have a first gen, I'll likely pickup a second gen at some point.

As suggested by others - the other factors are just as important as the can itself. Warranty, mounting options, end caps, etc... Think big picture and don't decide via price and a handful of reviews.

Also - when I'm in the mood for another can, one of the other resources I check out is the Modern Rifleman suppressor database.

https://modernrifleman.net/suppressors/

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Great info guys thank you. I’m leaning more towards the rugged razor now. I think it shall fit my needs.

If you're leaning towards the Razor - you should look at the new Rugged Radiant 762 can.... Brand new and looks interesting (titanium, short/long, great company, fairly decent mounting system - and best of all the weight in the long).

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I’m waiting for my hybrid 46.

I have a hybrid and while I love it, the cost of all the little pieces really adds up. It comes with a 5/8x24 direct thread, and a 46 cal endcap. Add $60 for each extra endcaps (223 and 30 for me) and $90 for a 1/2x28 direct thread, $70 for a 1/2x28 piston. So almost $300 extra for a small subset of the accessories. Overall I could have gotten two suppressors including stamps for the same money.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have a hybrid and while I love it, the cost of all the little pieces really adds up. It comes with a 5/8x24 direct thread, and a 46 cal endcap. Add $60 for each extra endcaps (223 and 30 for me) and $90 for a 1/2x28 direct thread, $70 for a 1/2x28 piston. So almost $300 extra for a small subset of the accessories. Overall I could have gotten two suppressors including stamps for the same money.

I agree. I decided on the ASR QD Mount ($135) and numerous QD muzzle brakes so I can suppress all the things! (60-80 bucks each). I left the .460 front cap on so I don't have to worry that I forgot to swap the right one. I now can suppress: .223, .243, 7-08, .277, .308, .358, 6.5 (grendel & CM), 7MM Mag, 7.62x39 (future), 6.8SPC (future), and possibly more to come.

Looking back....I'd do the same thing all over again.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What's the range of opinion on Surefire, esp their SOCOM300-sps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom