• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Got an odd email from MSP Licensing Division HQL Section:

Dear Mr. JCB003,

Can you please confirm, via email, the correct answer to the following prohibiting question that was listed on your HQL application. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. Enjoy the rest of your day!

"Are you a legal user of cannabis (marijuana) for medical purposes or are you issued a valid medical cannabis patient identification number or a valid medical cannabis patient identification card?"

Maybe someone has MMJ card and we have same name? My status has been updated and all complete except for NICS and Secondary Review. The MMJ section says "Not Applicable"

peppercorn

Nov 28, 2012
    Timonium
    Yeah, I got that email also though my last name isn't really too common. I'm thinking that maybe the state doesn't have that database fully up and running and integrated with the HQL system yet.

On another note I got my card in the mail. 16 days from submission day.

provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    Oh man, I missread/understood this for a Maryland carry permit. I was like, "Damn, this isn't a very exclusive club if everyone is getting them and also very quickly!"

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Submitted 3/20, Just approved today. Awaiting card in mail.

edited to add:

I would like to commend the person processing my app. There was a question regarding something. I received a courteous email, to which I responded, and I then received a quick response saying all was done.

While I don't agree that I should have to acquire this HQL abomination, you should give credit where it is due.

Last edited:

Petaaas

Apr 4, 2018
    Just checking

Wanted to see if this looks normal its inly been a week. Also, does anyone know about the browser I was reading that it had to be late internet explorer is that different now?

Attachments

• 97496A18-286B-4E8A-9F54-676EB1D23FBB.jpg
      97496A18-286B-4E8A-9F54-676EB1D23FBB.jpg
      89.5 KB · Views: 442

WhoMe

BANNED!!!
    Aug 10, 2017
    Wanted to see if this looks normal its inly been a week. Also, does anyone know about the browser I was reading that it had to be late internet explorer is that different now?

Mine was like yours. No change for 7 or 8 calendar days then everything popped except the Fed checks. Fed checks popped about 6 or 7 calendar days later and I was approved. I wouldn't start to worry unless nothing happens for 14 calendar days or so.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Came in the mail yesterday...applied March 16, received April 3 so 19 days.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I did mine on Friday. At this time everything is also unchecked (except for the top line, Application/License Fee, of course). Makes you wonder if they don't work them every week. Apply on the right week, and things go quickly. Apply on the wrong week, and you have to wait until someone gets around to processing some more applications.

Funny, you'd think in the marvellously modern age we live in that most of this would have been automatic.

Something about delayed rights or something comes to mind. No matter. It's Maryland. It's common sense to have to wait for a purchase permit after all. And then wait again for the mandatory seven days (or whatever it is) to actually get the gun.

Sadly, I'm not a patient man. :(

GLR En

Aug 26, 2017
    Mine took 17 days. It was saying further background information needed after 8 days. So day 12, I emailed them and asked what info did they need to get it completed. Early the next morning I received an email saying I was aproved. Received card 4 days later.

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Mine showed no movement for 10 days 3/20-3/28. Someone made a statement that there were usually a lot of updates on Wednesday's?? Unsure why.

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    My HQL took 8 days earlier this year. As I remember most checks were complete on day 3 but the additional information needed message was displayed. That message went away on day 5 or 6 and then it took another couple of days for secondary review and issue to show completed. The approval letter with the card was dated the next day but the postmark wasn't until Friday of that week which was 2 days after the letter date. I do not know if they mail them in batches.

Petaaas

Apr 4, 2018
    Mine was like yours. No change for 7 or 8 calendar days then everything popped except the Fed checks. Fed checks popped about 6 or 7 calendar days later and I was approved. I wouldn't start to worry unless nothing happens for 14 calendar days or so.

I am assuming this is what you mean about the Fed Checks?

Attachments

• E49E293B-7AE4-46F0-9056-03AA34E19F5D.jpg
      E49E293B-7AE4-46F0-9056-03AA34E19F5D.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 256

filthyliberal

Apr 9, 2018
    Lurked on this forum after my own eagerness on average wait times, so figured I would post and join the community (or at least contribute to this thread!)

Applied 03/20. On 03/30, received a follow up email asking for confirmation of class attendance for HQL, sent confirmation. Sent, on 03/31 got email saying I'd been approved. Got my card on 04/07.

empire550

Spoons made me fat
    Nov 1, 2011
    Applied on March 30th and everything shows unchecked except for the fee.

I have received my CJIS paperwork in the mail showing that I passed.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Applied on March 30th and everything shows unchecked except for the fee.

I have received my CJIS paperwork in the mail showing that I passed.

Me, too. Zero movement in ten days. Just checked.

They must do this in batches, not as a rolling process.

The "Free State." :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom