• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Now the senate only has to vote on fix nics for this to meet in conference committee

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    One way the GOP Senate could pass HR 38 bypassing the cloture vote is if they attach it to a spending or budget bill. However, they may have to creatively reword the bill to make it somehow related to spending or the budget.

If they do that, it only takes a simple majority vote of 51-49.

Since there is a government shutdown looming by EOY this may just be possible.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Since most MD permits have restrictions ie. "When working as ...." and most out of states permits would not have restrictions how might MD permits change if Senate bill version becomes law?

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    There are 8-10 (not sure off of top of my head) Democrat Senators who are up for reelection in 2018 in states that Trump won. Manchin (WV) and Tester (MT) are two who spring to mind. There is no way they can vote against this, so I think the bill isn't as dead as some people here think.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    There are 8-10 (not sure off of top of my head) Democrat Senators who are up for reelection in 2018 in states that Trump won. Manchin (WV) and Tester (MT) are two who spring to mind. There is no way they can vote against this, so I think the bill isn't as dead as some people here think.

I figured that was the case. And most likely the same on the flip side with the Rs or they are just in very heavy dem areas and have no choice but to play nice.

Like hogan trying to be pro gun.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Since most MD permits have restrictions ie. "When working as ...." and most out of states permits would not have restrictions how might MD permits change if Senate bill version becomes law?

MD permits will not change or will become more restrictive, definitely not less. When in doubt keep frosh in mind and think WWfD. And that will be your answer.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

This!

SueBee

May 29, 2017
    It Passed in House!

Honestly Surprised by news today! Staying tuned for Senate actions.
    (I am a former resident permit holder in another State, which required competency tests, written and field, but not special rules like Md to get one)

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Its funny how they enact mandates of obama care and override federal gun laws to not prosecute convicted felons but to make law a constitution right in all 50 states in the union will massively cause a "public safey" to the general public and LEO!

What BULL$HI+ AND CROCK OF $HI+!

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Just read the house bill passed and came to post and say who Hoo. May the republicans who voted against it get their cupuppance in the next primary.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    News coverage tonight on fox was very positive. They mentioned it was a Trump campaign promise.
    It was also mentioned Trump is the first permit holder president in history. (Hadn't heard that)

I think this one makes so much sense it's making the dems arguments sound even more rediculous.

I would also think Trump wants that NRA support next time around and will want results to bring to the table.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

7 of those are likely yes votes, will probably need to scrape up one more.
    They still have extra bargaining chips if need be, like bump stocks or eliminating the giveaway to concarry states. Trump could also go around and campaign for it in fence sitting dems senators states to put more pressure on them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From CCRKBA:
    CCRKBA HAILS CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY VICTORY
    BELLEVUE, WA – Today’s passage of concealed carry reciprocity legislation by the U.S. House of Representatives is a victory for American gun owners and the Second Amendment, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said.

H.R. 38 was passed by the House and now moves to the U.S. Senate for debate and action.

“We’re one step closer to fully restoring the Second Amendment as it was originally intended,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “Now, if the Senate can follow the House lead and pass this measure, law abiding American gun owners will no longer have to fear wrongful arrest and even imprisonment for having a firearm for personal protection as they travel from state to state.”

Under the reciprocity legislation, states must honor the carry permits and licenses issued by all other states. No longer will honest citizens be harassed or prosecuted for exercising their constitutional right to bear arms evenwhen they travel in such states as New York, New Jersey, California, Maryland or the handful of other states that have abused their authority over the years, turning citizens into criminals.

“For decades,” Gottlieb observed, “the gun prohibition crowd has argued that gun owners should be licensed, same as drivers. Well, millions of them are licensed, and they should be afforded the same courtesy as automobile drivers who travel from state to state. After all, there is no constitutional right to drive a car, but there is a constitutionally-protected right to bear arms, and officials in those states need to recognize that.

“Now the battle moves to the Senate,” he said. “We’re encouraging American gun owners and especially the millions of citizens who have licenses or permits to carry, to contact their senators about this important legislation. The gun prohibition lobby is pulling out all the stops to defeat this legislation, and Second Amendment activists need to fight back.”

Attachments

• ccrkba.png
      ccrkba.png
      20 KB · Views: 324

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Anyone notice that republicans are able to cite actual statistics, anecdotes of ccw holders stopping crime, and constitutionally-backed logic.....while every dem just blasts emotional arguments and spouts hypotheticals about blood in the streets.

It's the same for any issue, Republicans with facts and logic and Democrats using emotional arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For those that think everything is great in America. It would seem that 3 REPUBLICAN representative in Pa voted no on this matter. District 6-7-and 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom