• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I posted a question in the NFA wait time thread, but I figured a topic of its own would get more traffic.

I recently got my AAC TiRant 45 out of NFA jail. It came with a .578x28 piston. When I bought the can, I planned on using it for my Beretta 92F in 9mm.
    Being an idiot, I didn't check to see if AAC had any 1/2x28 pistons for 9mm in stock before I bought the can. It was a super low price from Gymratz, and I couldn't pass it up.
    Anyway, looking across the interwebs, NO ONE has the AAC 1/2x28 piston. Literally No One.
    So, my question is.... Are piston can pistons universal? I have seen 1/2x28 from other companies, and to the naked eye on the web, they basically look identical.

I already sent an email to AAC about when the 9mm piston will be available again, but have yet to receive a response in over a week.

The only 45 pistol I have is a 1911 and have heard they do not make good suppressor hosts. Nor do I have a threaded barrel for my 1911.

Any and all comments, suggestions, and or advice on this topic are Greatly Appreciated.

haoleboy :sad20:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Some do, some don't, SiCo pistons work in Griffin and Rugged, but not the other way around. Sometimes they have notches, slots or grooves that a certain can needs, even if diameters and the points on the end flare match up. If the FFL doesn't know, and won't try to match a piston up, then likely stuck waiting on AAC to get back to you. Some things are better as a host for one reason or another, and a couple dB may be a big deal down the road, but for now, just shoot it on whatever, it's still fun, and still much quieter than unsuppressed.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    Not the ideal solution, but ask The Riddle Of Steel. They manufacture all sorts of suppressor adaptors https://trosusa.com/suppressor-thread-adapters/ and will make just about any custom adaptor you want. You might be able to get an adaptor to fit your 9mm barrel to your suppressor threads. I have one to mate my RRA 9mm upper to one of my 9mm suppressors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom