• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Upper Question Model & Plain muzzle ?

Just found this upper that I realized I got this from a trade that I made 10 years ago. I am trying to get more information on this.

From what I am seeing, I have the FA MP 5.56mm Match 1/9 which seems to be made by Fulton Armory.

One question - I am not sure if this looks like it has a "Plain muzzle" ? it looks like it's made for Thor's hands. I just afraid that I would bend the barrel.

Is this something I should bring to someone to take a look at it and see what my options are before selling this if need.

eb279d.jpg

14wc7eu.jpg

2vtw6t1.jpg

24eqmn4.jpg

Last edited:

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Well, it looks like pin in the muzzle devices....not sure about the "weld"..…i don't have anything that requires it, not an expert....I'm sure Chad will know....calling Chad....

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That's quite the peculiar thing there. It looks like they made a 16" barrel with the end machined to look like a flash hider on a 14.5" M4 barrel. Best guess is it's a relic from the 90's ban era when flash hiders were a no-no.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    That's quite the peculiar thing there. It looks like they made a 16" barrel with the end machined to look like a flash hider on a 14.5" M4 barrel. Best guess is it's a relic from the 90's ban era when flash hiders were a no-no.

That's how it looks to me FWIW, part of the barrel itself, not an add-on.

Very peculiar. It looks like they went to a lot of bother for purely cosmetic reasons.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Looks like a pinned fake flash suppressor from the second set of photos, looks like they missed a few times getting the pin in.

Q

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If that barrel started out at 14.5 inches, I doubt very much that it's 16 inches due to that slip on muzzle device.

14.75 inches maybe.

If the OP has a rifle stock on it and no tax stamp, he should take some very careful and exact barrel length measurements.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Just remeasure it at its sitting at 16 inch.

After all of your inputs, I think I am going to leave it alone since it would be too much trouble on this .
    It would be better off if I sell it to someone else and to grow the G43 fund.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD

That's exactly what it is. FA made the end of the barrel to look like a flash hider when the Assault Weapons Ban was in effect and flash hiders were prohibited. I had a 20-inch rifle with one.

I don't remember what the actual barrel length before/after was, but it should be easy to measure if you really want to know. You'll see a lot of plain barrel ends on AR-15's from that era.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looks like a "Hollywood" gun. The restricted FS is to allow planks to properly cycle. Notice, the FSB is pinned with roll pins. That ain't Hoyle.

Also, pinning a FS isn't enough. It has to be welded over too.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Well that's an interesting conundrum. It may not need to be pinned and welded as it isn't a muzzle device or a flash hider per se. If I had to put a name to it I would refer to it as a barrel shroud or a barrel sleeve. I've never seen that before. Learn something new everyday.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    faking a birdcage flash suppressor is like counterfeiting pennies. it probably costs more to do than just using the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom