• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 2, 2015
    Hey there guys, this might not prove to be helpful but I figured I’d try. Has anyone lost a beagle with a collar around the Hunting Creek Road area? One has wandered up to the house and is slightly limping. He’s probably been lost for 2ish days. I’ll try to get a picture if he comes closer again. I’ve been able to feed him some chicken.

I’ve got a big heart and I hate to think this poor dog is lost and cold. I GUESS he's probably a hunting dog, but it's entirely plausible he's just a normal ole lost pup. Regardless, if you know anything let me know or shoot me a private message, thanks!

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Keep feeding him and then try to get him closer to you. I did it with a domestic rabbit and now she is safely living with a neighbor and two guy. :): dogs are smarter you just need to build trust. It's pretty cold out.

May 2, 2015
    Hey guys! We were able to get ahold of him, and he is currently in a warm pen with food and water. He was a bit sluggish and lethargic, but didn't mind us carrying him and putting him in the pen. I'm just glad we were able to lay hands on him and know where he's at and start getting him help.
    I'll probably contact the humane society tomorrow to see what they can do to help.
    @Doco OverBoard: Please do! I feel like he has people that probably cared about him, but I don't know where his peoples are. :( I'm not sure if he was a hunting dog that got lost, or a local dog that wandered away. He seems kind of old, so maybe he's got health issues? I have no idea, but I greatly appreciate any help I can get!

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    If he does not have an ID collar, have him checked for a chip. Might have the owners info on it.

May 2, 2015
    Update: The Caroline County humane society came and got him this morning. I'm pretty confident they'll take care of him, and hopefully have better luck at finding his people. That's one thing they can do, is check him for a chip. So yeah, if you do contact anyone that is missing their doggie, that's where he might be. Thanks for all the help guys!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Update: The Caroline County humane society came and got him this morning. I'm pretty confident they'll take care of him, and hopefully have better luck at finding his people. That's one thing they can do, is check him for a chip. So yeah, if you do contact anyone that is missing their doggie, that's where he might be. Thanks for all the help guys!

No idea what the county's policy is, but you may alert a local rescue. Hate to see the guy put down after 48hrs.

May 2, 2015
    No idea what the county's policy is, but you may alert a local rescue. Hate to see the guy put down after 48hrs.

I know. I'm typically really afraid of humane society's. I've heard of some that aren't quite so humane, but I'm hoping they're different. If they think he might have people that will claim him hopefully that wouldn't happen, but I've given him the best chance he would have had vs. in the cold another night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom