• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think those are good steps, for sure, but when a voter's primary loyalty is the continued mass immigration of people who share his skin color, you're talking about an unloyal American, to begin with. You're not going to change that by appealing to the rule of law.

That is true, and there are some you won't get, but you have to start somewhere, try to improve recruitment by 10 or 20 percent, instead of just saying "We'll never get them all so why bother?"

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    That is true, and there are some you won't get, but you have to start somewhere, try to improve recruitment by 10 or 20 percent, instead of just saying "We'll never get them all so why bother?"

Agreed, but let's just suppose, for the sake of argument, that conservative ideals of small government and individual liberty only broadly appeals to whites. Then what? How do we go from there?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Which is why Republicans need to figure out how to connect to those voters...

At the start of this year Republicans had Presidency, House and Senant. Instead of implementing what they have been talking about for years (repealing OCare, lower taxes, less government, etc) and I would have assumed that they would have already had these “bills” on the back burner for just this exact senecio (holding both houses and presidency). They have spent the year fighting Trump, who has a higher approval rating than Congress.

They seem to be satisfied with being the minority party. It is a shame and a wasted opportunity that would have been a great lesson to the future generations. Instead these generations will become snowflakes and be satisfied sucking the tit of the government for the rest of their lives. :sad20:

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    At the start of this year Republicans had Presidency, House and Senant. Instead of implementing what they have been talking about for years (repealing OCare, lower taxes, less government, etc) and I would have assumed that they would have already had these “bills” on the back burner for just this exact senecio (holding both houses and presidency). They have spent the year fighting Trump, who has a higher approval rating than Congress.

They seem to be satisfied with being the minority party. It is a shame and a wasted opportunity that would have been a great lesson to the future generations. Instead these generations will become snowflakes and be satisfied sucking the tit of the government for the rest of their lives. :sad20:

There won't be a "rest of their lives." America's permanent deficit spending cannot last forever. I give it another 20 years, at most.

morechaching

Apr 7, 2013
    I don't think it will take 20 years to do us in. The FED has been keeping interest rates artificially low, so the interest on the national debt is "affordable", read debt growing linearly, not in a geometric progression. If either the debt gets to $30T, or the interest rates on the exiting debt go to 5%, we are cooked.

Our only hope is a State led Constitutional Convention to throttle back the FED.

If we don't get a handle on this, in say 8 - 10 years, the FED is **** up. I think we'll break up and become a land of regional states banding together. And I hope I am wrong.

I voted for Trump. On a good day he's not a polished speaker. Open mouth insert foot. But Congress is more interested in getting re elected - pandering to those with their hand out - than doing the right thing long term for the good of the Republic. So they fight everything he got elected to do - including his own party ! No win scenarion, no way out that I see.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I don't think it will take 20 years to do us in. The FED has been keeping interest rates artificially low, so the interest on the national debt is "affordable", read debt growing linearly, not in a geometric progression. If either the debt gets to $30T, or the interest rates on the exiting debt go to 5%, we are cooked.

Our only hope is a State led Constitutional Convention to throttle back the FED.

If we don't get a handle on this, in say 8 - 10 years, the FED is **** up. I think we'll break up and become a land of regional states banding together. And I hope I am wrong.

I voted for Trump. On a good day he's not a polished speaker. Open mouth insert foot. But Congress is more interested in getting re elected - pandering to those with their hand out - than doing the right thing long term for the good of the Republic. So they fight everything he got elected to do - including his own party ! No win scenarion, no way out that I see.

Our fiscal situation is not sustainable, and the influx of third world immigrants guarantees an ever increasing welfare state.
    I hope America collapses in the next 10 years. Reason being is that I want to be here to help restore a new America.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

This 1,000%. But it seems like they spent 8 years complaining about Obama, but never bothered to actually draft any legislation. I mean, love her or hate her, Pelosi has legislation ready to go when opportunities present themselves.

Instead, when they got the majority, we got the disjointed stumble of Obamacare repeal that resembled something my freshman roommate did when he took Adderall to stay up all night to study.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Agreed, but let's just suppose, for the sake of argument, that conservative ideals of small government and individual liberty only broadly appeals to whites. Then what? How do we go from there?

My friend and I were actually talking about this and how libertarianism has trouble appealing to non-whites.

I think the only answers are:

1.) Try to bring change to those groups and get them to see

2.) Adapt to the message to make it resonate.

For example, instead of arguing for anarchy, argue for say, the max freedom possible while also acknowledging that living in a society requires giving up certain freedoms.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    My friend and I were actually talking about this and how libertarianism has trouble appealing to non-whites.

I think the only answers are:

1.) Try to bring change to those groups and get them to see

2.) Adapt to the message to make it resonate.

For example, instead of arguing for anarchy, argue for say, the max freedom possible while also acknowledging that living in a society requires giving up certain freedoms.

Or 3), which no one wants to acknowledge, is to limit immigration of people not from Europe. I think Asians could be brought into the libertarian tent. I'm not convinced Latin Americans can.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Not a chance of this happening.

If it can be brought to a floor vote, it'll pass easily in the House. The problem will be in the Senate. There are probably enough votes to pass with Rs alone, but not enough for cloture to allow the floor vote to happen. It would have to be merged with another "must pass" bill in committee, which is controlled by Rs, or added during reconciliation.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If it can be brought to a floor vote, it'll pass easily in the House. The problem will be in the Senate. There are probably enough votes to pass with Rs alone, but not enough for cloture to allow the floor vote to happen. It would have to be merged with another "must pass" bill in committee, which is controlled by Rs, or added during reconciliation.

Stick it onto a budget or tax bill. Neither side will touch it if it means losing money. (By which I mean "being limited in the amount of money they can take from We the People").

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

I doubt it. You can always count on the Collins and McCains of the world to suddenly demand "bipartisanship."

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    With Black Friday, previously known as Thanksgiving Holiday, right around the corner there cannot be many more working/voting days left this year.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I guarantee though next election they will be out there campaigning about how they need our help to get more R senators elected so they can push this through without any D holding it up.

It's a shiny object/red meat they think they can dangle in front of one section of the electorate and lock up that vote so they can spend their time and money on other hard to get sections.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I guarantee though next election they will be out there campaigning about how they need our help to get more R senators elected so they can push this through without any D holding it up.

It's a shiny object/red meat they think they can dangle in front of one section of the electorate and lock up that vote so they can spend their time and money on other hard to get sections.

This might hold water if the bill was shot down (not getting 60 votes in the senate and all GOP voting YES).
    But not allowing a vote? Can't hold Dems accountable on that one.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

or it could be that they haven't done jack shit and they NEED to do something before 2018 elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom