Liberty State = Eastern Washington, Ever heard of it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Eastern Shoremen (and Ladies) .. I know many of you have heard talk of 'succession' ( AKA starting our own State) - sometimes tongue-in-cheek sometimes with some 'heart' and seriousness.

Born, raised and lived on the Shore 90% of my life but I've been researching about 'life out west' for years due to my growing frustration with the Leftist controlled midAtlantic / coastal region as well as out of my concern for being so near heavily populated areas..

I've been following the growing Liberty State movement in Eastern Washington for about 2 years now. It's got to be the most organized, intelligent, and well executed movement of its kind in modern times.. We Eastern Shore folks should watch and learn. I don't watch mainstream media but I suspect it will make big news eventually. They have Legislators on the wagon developing legislation to exit legally and are organizing County by County and even have a Constitutional Committee formed.

https://libertystate.org/news/

These folks are serious...

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Yep ! Carve it Up!!

Id love to see western md split at the fredrick county line and make our own state.

Balkanization is the natural answer to Statism, tyranny and government super-sizing and overreach.. Eventually people of like mind in communities get 'sick of it' an say We're done! It's why the Swiss originally gave most strength to the Cantons ( small states) and very little to the National Govt (sound familiar?) You vote with your feet.

One way to tell Maryland Govt we are done with their "governing" is to redefine Maryland.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Jefferson

Eastern Shoremen (and Ladies) .. I know many of you have heard talk of 'succession' ( AKA starting our own State) - sometimes tongue-in-cheek sometimes with some 'heart' and seriousness.

Born, raised and lived on the Shore 90% of my life but I've been researching about 'life out west' for years due to my growing frustration with the Leftist controlled midAtlantic / coastal region as well as out of my concern for being so near heavily populated areas..

I've been following the growing Liberty State movement in Eastern Washington for about 2 years now. It's got to be the most organized, intelligent, and well executed movement of its kind in modern times.. We Eastern Shore folks should watch and learn. I don't watch mainstream media but I suspect it will make big news eventually. They have Legislators on the wagon developing legislation to exit legally and are organizing County by County and even have a Constitutional Committee formed.

https://libertystate.org/news/

These folks are serious...

So are the people in northen California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    When I was growing up on the Shore, I was always told MD State Roads Commission maintained Eastern Shore county roads as part of a compromise that diffused an Eastern Shore seccession movement right after WWII. The maintenance of county roads has since been returned to county responsibility.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'd be all for the Eastern Shore splitting off and forming a separate state as long as they promise to annex Harford County. Although it might just be simpler to let PG.,Montgomery and Howard County form their own state.

earlybirdnj

Aug 1, 2013
    I'd be all for the Eastern Shore splitting off and forming a separate state as long as they promise to annex Harford County. Although it might just be simpler to let PG.,Montgomery and Howard County form their own state.
    Please add Ceciltucky Sussex County and eastern shore of VA to the new state of Delmarva.

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    New State Map - Comments Welcomed

So I started looking at each County and drawing an outline at who's in and out in terms of overall leaning towards traditional American values and principles. I eventually realized the 2016 election results were all that was needed to make a first stab at the most inclusive boundary I could come up with. Local County politics and 'uniqueness' would drive ultimate success at getting each County to "buy-in" to the New State.

I want badly to merge our E.Shore and Mountain Region- Ideas welcomed. Really do States have to have all land "touching"? Maybe we could have two new states that form up as an alliance ( or dare I say a 'confederation' - aghast!! the use of that demon word !!)

Once we get our boundary defined, the next step is Economics !! That may take some research and time.

Attachments

• New State.jpg
      New State.jpg
      28.5 KB · Views: 309

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    North Balt. County Joiner - Comments??

OK - I don't live there so tell me how this line works.. Carmel and Sheppard Roads look good to me .. Help me men!

Attachments

• Joiner.JPG
      Joiner.JPG
      99.2 KB · Views: 289

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    SReally do States have to have all land "touching"?

No. For example, there's a part of Kentucky that doesn't actually touch the rest of Kentucky.

Now, if'n y'all will include the Agricultural Reserve of MoCo in that red part, I'd be much obliged.

There was a somewhat loosely organized secession movement that even had a web-page at one point. It's gone now and last had a capture by the internet wayback machine in March of last year. https://web.archive.org/web/20161008141343/https://freewesternmd.org/

Carroll, Frederick, Washington, Alleghany, and Garret were the secessionist counties in that particular movement.

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Could split this piece between the neighboring counties so we don;t have to start a new county. Do you all think those Balt County folk will fight hard to keep their "Prettyboy reservoir"? Seems pretty strategic to me..

So I say it belongs to us!

However.

We are going to have to rename it to Ted Nugent Reservoir.. What's is this "Pretty Boy" Stuff???

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    The Edges ( Trapped in Occupied Territory)

Looking closer at places like Mont Cnty and based on the comment above I think the new state would have to be developed initially based on County lines and then Conservative areas in Leftist dominated counties will have to work the system to re-draw lines. The Left should be happy to give up the Deplorables and be on an easy track to implement their Utopian Statist vision in their areas unimpeded.

North Balt County should be the priority in that process.

Those good folks still inside the belly of the beast will have more motivation to get out ! ( and move to North Balt County to start the change there)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom