• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh jesus that is bad. Looks like they took some "bottom of the arsenal floor" finds and chrome plated them. Ewww.

My PW Arms imported M57 in the original purplish bluing so Excellent+ for sure, but it also didn't come from Classic.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The pitting, Oh GOD IN HEAVEN THE PITTING!!!!!!

(Not mine)

yugo.jpg

Good ol' Classic "Excellent" grade right there:

Was that cast in concrete?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    10 to 15 years ago classic did this. I think it was only to ak47 platforms. They were rust buckets and they hard chromed them.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    10 to 15 years ago classic did this. I think it was only to ak47 platforms. They were rust buckets and they hard chromed them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The pitting, Oh GOD IN HEAVEN THE PITTING!!!!!!

(Not mine)

yugo.jpg

Good ol' Classic "Excellent" grade right there:

That's what I was worried about and didn't order. Even if we give Classic the benefit of the doubt I can see some unscrupulous Balkan gentleman or Lady taking a pile of rusted sub service grade guns, pickling them in Chrome or nickel and selling them as "ceremonial".

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    Just for giggles...

If anyone was dying to use their C&R for a Beretta 1951...it’ll cost you ~$450...

A whopping $100 more than the non c&r ones on AIM. Even with our steep FFL prices you’ll still save in the end unless you refuse to get an hql

https://aimsurplus.com/beretta-m1951-9mm-pistol-c-r-eligible/

If you do end up getting one, start looking for potential locking blocks just in case the provided ones go bad.

Anybody remember when cole had these for dirt cheap on gb? Good times...I missed out on those browning HPs he had

Jul 1, 2012
    One thing with the 1951 is to make sure the little set screw is properly tightened and engaged to keep the lock block from shifting.
    Good luck finding a replacement block. SARCO had them for a short time (used) but quickly sold out.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I believe these are the last of the Chi-Com SKS. I bought my factory 26 in late 2014 for $269 shipped from Dan’s. SOG had these for around $319 forever until they finally sold out about 18 months ago. I always wondered how they had them for so long. If you want one, this might be your last chance. It makes me laugh that this price is approaching what a common Soviet refurb would’ve cost 3 years ago.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The price isn’t great, but it is surprisingly not horrible. FTF seems to be in the $400-450 range as mentioned. Of course then you can inspect it and see how nice it really is.

I’ve got one Chicom I picked up for $330 last year with a bit of a rough stock, but great metal. The stock cleaned up nicely and being a chicom, I didn’t feel too bad about refinishing it. Other Chicom I have isn’t complete. I picked it up for $75 from SOG among the last batch of barreled receivers hey had right before they went out of business.

Been collecting parts for it. I think I am up to about $300 in total cost. I just need a dust cover and gas piston rod. I think I’ve got all the other pieces for it now. It’s been fun. I have a Soviet bolt and carrier and I think all the other bits are off Norincos.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    SG has some decent non-firearm C&R relevant items right now:

NATO M1 Garand Replacement Stocks
    Handguards (currently sold out, but you can always call to double check)
    Enfield No.4 Bayos w/ frog and scabbard
    A bunch of other Bayos including CETME and AK
    WWII Era French Mag Pouches
    Tons of helmets including Italian WWII used and like-new M33's
    BM-59 Mag Pouches
    French MAT-49 mag pouches

There are a ton of other French and Italian (and Serbian, E. German, etc) mag pouches as well, but not sure exactly what the issue dates were or what they were for.

Yeah, I know, not as exciting as firearms, but figured some of you might be looking for pieces like the M1 stock sets, bayonets, and some of those mag pouches.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I picked up the Chicom SKS at Classic about a week ago, came out to $460:

https://imgur.com/a/DrvPaLY

Dripping with cosmoline. Almost no bluing, but the more I look at it the more I like the battlefield pick-up look. The stock is in great condition, I like the grain to it. Cleaning rod is there, all parts are there, nothing bent or missing. Serials match. Stamped trigger guard and the bore is nice, sharp, and shiny.

I'd say it's a tad bit steep but people have been getting lucky with the hand-select from what I hear. I got a pristine Yugo SKS at a small gunshow the next week for $400 OTD.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I picked up the Chicom SKS at Classic about a week ago, came out to $460:

https://imgur.com/a/DrvPaLY

Dripping with cosmoline. Almost no bluing, but the more I look at it the more I like the battlefield pick-up look. The stock is in great condition, I like the grain to it. Cleaning rod is there, all parts are there, nothing bent or missing. Serials match. Stamped trigger guard and the bore is nice, sharp, and shiny.

I'd say it's a tad bit steep but people have been getting lucky with the hand-select from what I hear. I got a pristine Yugo SKS at a small gunshow the next week for $400 OTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom