• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    has anyone had interview with SGT Barnes(sp?)? I was just scheduled for interview.. Should I assume enough paperwork was submitted if they didnt ask me to bring anything else?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    has anyone had interview with SGT Barnes(sp?)? I was just scheduled for interview.. Should I assume enough paperwork was submitted if they didnt ask me to bring anything else?

Usually, the "enough paperwork" thing will only come up at the interview if you've egregiously failed to provide much of anything to establish G&S. Specific weak spots aren't going to come up there, they're going to come up during the next step when the Sgt passes along your application (along with notes from the interview and reference checks) to the Licensing Division. Somebody there will let you know if they're feeling you're short on documentation.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I provided ZERO "paperwork". Maybe that's why I haven't heard boo. I'm not playing the games on my second renewal, there's a 95% chance mine is going to the board......regardless.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    Usually, the "enough paperwork" thing will only come up at the interview if you've egregiously failed to provide much of anything to establish G&S. Specific weak spots aren't going to come up there, they're going to come up during the next step when the Sgt passes along your application (along with notes from the interview and reference checks) to the Licensing Division. Somebody there will let you know if they're feeling you're short on documentation.

my packet was super thick lol with lots of invoices, deposit slips, 5 months of bank statements, and articles of organization for one business, and the other business had the same, but also had business licenses required for that business.. I was wondering if it was a bad idea to apply using two business i currently run, one with a partner and the other 100% by me. I thought about it after the fact that hopefully it doesn't complicate things too much

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I run two businesses and documented them both to maximize the evidence of work/life entanglement (central to me HPRB pitch).

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Just checking in on this (may be my New Year's resolution), are the notes on the process details in post #2 being kept updated ? I know the thread is a few years old now, so I'm catching up.

Thanks!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Of the number who apply, I wonder what percentage are approved.

I expect the percentage is very high. Mostly, because the law currently requires 16 hours worth of expensive class time in hand before submitting the application, and the instructors - generally - are going to dissuade the obvious non-starters from even bothering. The people who DO proceed to apply have all had to do considerable homework to get the ball rolling, and I think that process self-selects for those who understand what does and doesn't get past the gate.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Depends on who's stats you believe. I remember reading something over 95% at one point.

That's the number that has been thrown around over the years, even by Fat Larry on WBAL once.

I don't doubt that it's accurate, just look at the HPRB meetings for example. Out of as many as 17 -18 cases one or two will be for denials and then the rest are restrictions mods.

As others have pointed out it's a chunk of change for the average Joe to spend if they are not pretty sure they are going to be successful.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    well i'm about 45 days into the process had my interview yesterday, and geesh the interviewer didnt seem to happy about doing the interview, she was very monotone, if I had to guess, she didnt seem to like me very much. it was a more of a lets just get this done feeling. I wonder how long before i hear something probably another 45 days..

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    well i'm about 45 days into the process had my interview yesterday, and geesh the interviewer didnt seem to happy about doing the interview, she was very monotone, if I had to guess, she didnt seem to like me very much. it was a more of a lets just get this done feeling. I wonder how long before i hear something probably another 45 days..

I wouldn't worry - it's not a social occasion (and everybody has bad days). Mostly, I'm amazed you got your interview only 45 days in. That's fast.

May 8, 2018
    Well it happened. Permit in hand in less then 90 Days, closer to the 60 but not exactly sure on the exact number, now the question is carry insurance. USCCA, NRA guard, US Law shield, SAFE. wow the choices.

Over all I must say that the process was long and lots of hoops but I thought I had enough reason to try. I got restrictions but even local MSP have seen it and say they see it as a 24x7 permit. For those that are in the process keep working the system.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Well it happened. Permit in hand in less then 90 Days, closer to the 60 but not exactly sure on the exact number, now the question is carry insurance. USCCA, NRA guard, US Law shield, SAFE. wow the choices.

Over all I must say that the process was long and lots of hoops but I thought I had enough reason to try. I got restrictions but even local MSP have seen it and say they see it as a 24x7 permit. For those that are in the process keep working the system.

Congrats - on both the permit and on your personal fortitude in navigating the process. Do yourself a favor and get in line for an HPRB hearing anyway. Just because a local trooper says it looks 24x7-ish enough for him doesn't mean that a transit cop, or a county cop, or a Rockville city cop or, or, or will see it that way and provide friction at a traffic stop. It will be months and months before your hearing arrives, so your process fatigue will have a chance to recover. But you've gotta make the request right away, so ... I say, do it. You'll be glad you did.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Congrats - on both the permit and on your personal fortitude in navigating the process. Do yourself a favor and get in line for an HPRB hearing anyway. Just because a local trooper says it looks 24x7-ish enough for him doesn't mean that a transit cop, or a county cop, or a Rockville city cop or, or, or will see it that way and provide friction at a traffic stop. It will be months and months before your hearing arrives, so your process fatigue will have a chance to recover. But you've gotta make the request right away, so ... I say, do it. You'll be glad you did.
    This.

Oh, and the obligatory +1.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom