• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I saw this story on channel 11 this morning and was wondering about something they said. According to the story on their web site:

"The governor is endorsing red flag legislation, which is scheduled to be heard in a committee Thursday. The measure allows judges to temporarily order gun owners to surrender fire arms if they are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.

Hogan said he's backing federal action to institute a universal background-check system. He supports clarifying current law to prohibit an individual convicted of domestic violence from possessing firearms. He also supports banning bump stocks."

Does anyone know how he is planning on clarifying the law? I thought that between the 77r and 4473, it was pretty much covered.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Don't know, it's already illegal in MD for someone convicted of domestic violence.
    The problem is the people who have been accused losing their rights without due process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    The measure allows judges to temporarily order gun owners to surrender fire arms if they are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.

And just who determines and what constitutes danger?????

The problem is the people who have been accused losing their rights without due process

This is a huge problem!!! This is a clear violation of constitutional rights. Where does it end or is it this just the beginning of the end.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    My father and I have the same first and last name and same middle initial. When my parents got divorced my dad was acting like an ass and my mom called the police and ended up with a protective order against him. When I fill out a 4473 if I put my SSN on it I get approved very quickly. If I leave it off I get delayed, sometimes for a few days, because they see my father's name and have to do more investigating to see if it's me or him making the purchase. I think the law is strong enough since it catches me and I'm not a prohibited person!

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Next couple elections are going to be irritatingly interesting. Not luv'n Hogan or Trump at the moment. Not looking to change sides either, and they know it.

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    Next couple elections are going to be irritatingly interesting. Not luv'n Hogan or Trump at the moment. Not looking to change sides either, and they know it.

You can do what I do and hope Trump is successfully impeached. Voting for Pence would be easy peasy.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What impeachable crime(s) has Trump committed?

Nothing yet, but he gets closer to tripping over his own xxxx every day. I wouldn't be surprised for an executive order calling for some kind of confiscation that the left would love, but actually be an act of treason. The left would go insane trying to figure out if they wanted the EO or the impeachment

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I never get the I am not voting for Hogan or Trump talk .. I am not sure who I am voting for but if they are the best at the time then I suppose they get my vote .

I can't see me voting for a Frosh look-a-like just to make a point . That just isn't smart

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    So far we have no evidence of Trump doing anything illegal in the election process. They might be able to find some normal run of the mill rich New York developer stuff if they dig deep enough which is not ok but super common. Plenty of politicians do stuff like that. See for example the Clinton Foundation. But so far we have zero proof of him doing anything with Russia and the big liberal news stations wail endlessly about Russia because that is easier than introspection or examining why their policies did not resonate well enough to win. So what they want is for him to run his mouth under oath or too the FBI so that they can get him for perjury. But there is no reason to believe that he is getting impeached. Just a liberal pipe dream.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I never get the I am not voting for Hogan or Trump talk .. I am not sure who I am voting for but if they are the best at the time then I suppose they get my vote .

I can't see me voting for a Frosh look-a-like just to make a point . That just isn't smart

Accelerationiam.

I'm not going to reward him for giving me 75% of the D agenda vs 100%

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    I appreciate Hogan doing his best to make sure I won't vote for him this year.

Hogan has re-election coming. The Dems would love to tie him to being pro-gun so they can get the 30-40% of democrats that like Hogan to go somewhere else. He needs to tread lightly, not making a fool of himself in the press is important. In MD, he is still our best option from preventing us from going full retard like NJ or Cali IMHO.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Hogan has re-election coming. The Dems would love to tie him to being pro-gun so they can get the 30-40% of democrats that like Hogan to go somewhere else. He needs to tread lightly, not making a fool of himself in the press is important. In MD, he is still our best option from preventing us from going full retard like NJ or Cali IMHO.

We are a group of people he couldn't care less about and he'll sign any gun control measure that crosses his desk to appeal to Dems.

He's already made it clear he'd sign multiple specific bills. What are we gaining other than prolonging the inevitable?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We are a group of people he couldn't care less about and he'll sign any gun control measure that crosses his desk to appeal to Dems.

He's already made it clear he'd sign multiple specific bills. What are we gaining other than prolonging the inevitable?

The prolonging is what 'm hoping for. Putting a dem in that office takes away any future we as gun owners have to work out solutions. Once a dem is in that office, it will be open season on gun owners.

That's a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom