• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I am no expert but when I installed Geisselle SSA triggers on my LMT and Windham, I probably did it in 20 minutes per rifle. Now, I am trying to install a new Geisselle SSA trigger on my new Colt 6920 for the last hour and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I installed the trigger and the hammer. When I cock the hammer, pulling the trigger does not release the hammer!!

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Safety off?
    Proper pin size?
    Disconnect spring fat side down?

Safety is off.
    Pin is tight in the hole, so I assume it is the correct size.
    Geisselle trigger comes with the trigger assembly assembled. I can push the disconnector and it moves up and down,.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I just notice, with the hammer cock, I can not pull the trigger to release the hammer. If I push the disconnector with my pinky, it clicks, and then I can release the hammer by pulling the trigger.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just notice, with the hammer cock, I can not pull the trigger to release the hammer. If I push the disconnector with my pinky, it clicks, and then I can release the hammer by pulling the trigger.

Sounds like another bad trigger from Geissele. I have limited experience with Geisseles. I have installed three, all of which were different types. I've heard of bad triggers getting by QC. If that's the case, they will make things right. They have very good CS.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I just reinstalled the factory trigger and I had no problem at all. It must be the Geisselle trigger that is out of spec. I have emailed them.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    interesting, i've installed a couple of geissele ssa-e's with zero issues, and just got another one i have to install.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I just installed a SSA-E into my Anderson AR 10. No issues other than needing to remove the safety to get the trigger assembly in place.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It happens from time to time. It's possible the Hammer/Trigger Pins were binding in the bores of the Hammer, Disconnector or Trigger.

It's also possible the stems on the Hammer or Trigger were binding in the FCG Pocket in the Lower.

Sometimes the Disconnector needs some adjustment too.

There are lots of things that need to be checked when installing a FCG that Manufacturers should put out.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Got the LaRue trigger today. Installed it in less than 30 minutes. Doing a side by side comparison with my LMT and Windham with SSA triggers on them, I really can't tell the difference. Btw, I installed the LaRue with the heavy trigger.

Oh, and the LaRue is less than half the price of the SSA.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I had a issue with my ssa e having creep before the break. I though my lower might of been out of spec. They explained to me that the tolerance could be at opposite ends causing some binding. A few emails later geissele sent me a brand new one and this one is perfect. I guess one slips through qc every once in a while. They will make it right though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom