• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Is MG 100 yards?

Yes.

Other than private setups there is nothing more than 100 yards for open public/club use in SOMD at this time.

The future SLSC operation in Calvert has the potential for 300-400 yards if the land layout is as good as it appears to be on the surface :fingerscrossed:. But that is still some time away from anything happening.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Yes.

Other than private setups there is nothing more than 100 yards for open public/club use in SOMD at this time.

The future SLSC operation in Calvert has the potential for 300-400 yards if the land layout is as good as it appears to be on the surface :fingerscrossed:. But that is still some time away from anything happening.

Oooooohhhh....any more info on THAT?

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Oooooohhhh....any more info on THAT?

I am not involved with it, just getting the little updates here and there from the monthly meetings of which I have not been able to attend since march. The distances that were mentioned in a prior membership meeting were strictly estimates and nothing by any means set in stone.

If you intend to be in the area and want to pursue it, getting on the wait list would not be a bad idea.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Cool I did not realize they dropped the requirement.

Hey stranger!
    Hope all is well.

My kids learned a LOT at Middleton and had fun, thanks to you and many others giving of their time.
    Hell, I had fun too!

Back on topic, went to MG mid week, mid day, recently and had folks waiting.

Ammo shortage, LOL!

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I am not involved with it, just getting the little updates here and there from the monthly meetings of which I have not been able to attend since march. The distances that were mentioned in a prior membership meeting were strictly estimates and nothing by any means set in stone.

If you intend to be in the area and want to pursue it, getting on the wait list would not be a bad idea.

edit deleted

Last edited:

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Hmm,
    Where in Calvert are they looking? North, south, PF ?
    how many years out are they talking?

Yes.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I will warn the members of SLSC not to give any more information on a public forum. All it takes is for the wrong person to get wind of the project to cause it to get shut down or have the rug pulled out from under the club. I have seen it happen more than once. I am no longer a member of SLSC but want to see the club work towards it's goals.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I will warn the members of SLSC not to give any more information on a public forum. All it takes is for the wrong person to get wind of the project to cause it to get shut down or have the rug pulled out from under the club. I have seen it happen more than once. I am no longer a member of SLSC but want to see the club work towards it's goals.

gotcha

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

you still keeping that weight off sir

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013

Agreed. That being said it is not a 'big secret' anymore and if it was supposed to be then the board should be far more selective about what is being put out.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I would not hold my breath on any new rifle shooting facilities in SOMD,, other than a typ 25 yd indoor range or 2.
    Over the last 20 years, a 100, 200 yard range is a pipe dream that pops up every few years then fizzles out,
    I have come to the conclusion it will never happen.

Chewmeista

Mar 26, 2021
    Just moved down here from Virginia. I wish I could have taken the Peacemaker range with me. They had a 1000 yard range and multiple ranges less than that.

Lowflyer3960

Oct 6, 2017
    Charles County
    SCSC is still viable. It just needs some new younger blood that will put in some work.
    They are ready to start the process of a LEGAL and approved range. Just need someone to work with the County for a special exception.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Hate to be a "Debbie Downer",, But needing a "Special exception" from zoning should not be preferenced with "Just".

Not seeing this happen anytime soon. Many have tried before, ALL have failed.

SCSC is still viable. It just needs some new younger blood that will put in some work.
    They are ready to start the process of a LEGAL and approved range. Just need someone to work with the County for a special exception.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Talks were had with Calvert officials before the property was purchased, and there is an existing police range adjoining the property.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    An "Approved Site Plan" is what would be needed, and even that is no guarantee. "having talks with official" is about as secure as leaving your wallet on a Reynosa bar while using the restroom.

Wish I was wrong,, but history says it is not happening (a new outdoor range in Calvert)

Talks were had with Calvert officials before the property was purchased, and there is an existing police range adjoining the property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom