• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    I am guessing their business model is to be high end source. By the way, just so you know they don't just card you when you enter they make a copy of your drivers license whether you buy or don't buy. However, they swear your PI will be safe with them.
    Here is a YouTube video, in case you are curious of what the place is like and don't want them to have your PI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69zNbHB5L1A

LOL wow. Hard no for me, both from that video and the photocopying of ID.

Not the business model I would have gone with, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    LOL wow. Hard no for me, both from that video and the photocopying of ID.

Not the business model I would have gone with, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Thank you for saying that they copy ID's. Maybe it was mentioned upthread, but to take a look at an ID like when a youngster enters a bar is one thing, but copying it? No thanks!

I saw enough guns I couldn't afford when I walked into Covey & Nye in Manchester, VT. Arms in the high five digit range and into the six digits (picture a hand engraved, matched pair of SxS shotguns for $234,000). When I walked through their door the staff smiled at me and bid me enter. They did NOT ask me to produce ID.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thank you for saying that they copy ID's. Maybe it was mentioned upthread, but to take a look at an ID like when a youngster enters a bar is one thing, but copying it? No thanks!

I saw enough guns I couldn't afford when I walked into Covey & Nye in Manchester, VT. Arms in the high five digit range and into the six digits (picture a hand engraved, matched pair of SxS shotguns for $234,000). When I walked through their door the staff smiled at me and bid me enter. They did NOT ask me to produce ID.

Same with Hendershots when they were on route 40 in Hagerstown. Plenty of expensive long guns and not a peep about ID.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    But, I do hope they do well, in that area it might be tough. Probably a higher end clientele, but also more resistance to them being there.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From the video , their target demographic is non- gun owners , with more money than sense , that want to live out an action movie/ music video fantasy .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    From the video , their target demographic is non- gun owners , with more money than sense , that want to live out an action movie/ music video fantasy .

Good observation. They clearly aren’t familiar with “our” culture.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    "checking an ID" What the F, do they think they are Costco or Sams Club?

"move to a club model?" What the F is this REI. I love the stuff at REI I just don't want them to keep trying to get me to spend $20 for a membership.

"entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1)." What the F is this a strip club?

:lol::lol::lol:

What are they, trying to start a registry? For my dolla, I want to see some booty :party29:

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    But, I do hope they do well, in that area it might be tough. Probably a higher end clientele, but also more resistance to them being there.

I do hope they do well too. Obvious there was a lot of money put into the shop. Do not wish misfortune on anyone.

I am sure there are people who will see value in the exclusive/premium vibe they are projecting. Question is if there are enough of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wish them well, but probably won’t go. Was thinking about checking it out until I saw the ID requirement and that stupid “Supreme” ceracoated Glock and hatchet in the video.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    I don’t get the Louis Vuitton, Supreme, Nike Glock’s. Why pay extra for that. Probably a copy right infringement as well. Those companies are definitely not pro 2A.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    IMO they are making a major blunder not ponying up here for a IP membership. If they did they could at least attempt to save face and defend their position.

I don't wish any shop/ffl any ill will, but I don't see how their business model will be sustainable longterm.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    nice trigger control, as some one mentioned and they card people.
    I will not bother, even if I have the money. Blinged out guns..meh...
    wonder if they sell shotgun shells and if the shot is gold or platinum.
    hope that their business model works, pays them bills. thats a lot of
    dollars in inventory. GTA comes to Urbana

Well...Back to the 75-80 thread it's more interesting...

and if they use this as currency maybe take bitcoin.

LX49jg.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    One of the owners is douche snob that drives around Urbana in a Ferrari and Lambo with all his yuppie, jersey shore douche's so hence the nike and gucci glocks

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One of the owners is douche snob that drives around Urbana in a Ferrari and Lambo with all his yuppie, jersey shore douche's so hence the nike and gucci glocks

Explains the complete lack of knowledge of the target audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom