• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    I have both the Rugged Surge and Rugged Razor. Great cans. A little heavy for 5.56 since they are both 30 cal cans. If this is going to be a dedicated can, I would look into something in direct thread 5.56 (will be my next purchase if HPA passes).

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I've got a handful pf HK MRs in different lengths. I'm waiting for B&T USA to release the Rotex line here in the States before I buy any more supressors. I'm still waiting on a SureFire SOCOM SB2 to clear jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    Silencerco Hybrid or Omega !!!
    ASR quick mount is solid. Direct thread and 3 lug mounts available.

The Saker 556 is heavy as crap
    The hybrid is lighter and more versatile
    Omega is a watered down version of Hybrid
    Griffin Armament Optimus breaks down for cleaning & is versatile but too many parts and not built-like-a-tank like the Silencerco's

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wonder if they fixed the insane tolerances from the earlier SOCOMs. I basically have to shoot mine off every time because it carbon locks.

Had mine lock on finally. Two things I learned from this: Lube the QD mount thoroughly before mounting and remove the can before it cools. What locked on mine was the coupler. Don't know if this helps.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've enjoyed using a Saker 7.62 on a 5.56 pistol with a 10.5" barrel. The can fits plenty of other guns, too. One can, many guns, keeps expenses low. Okay, lower.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    I have an AAC SDN-6 that I use on my 5.56, .300 BLK and .308 bolt gun. Uses a ratcheting adapter which is super easy to use. Very quiet.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Griffin Armament Optimus breaks down for cleaning & is versatile but too many parts and not built-like-a-tank like the Silencerco's

Although I've only had it a short time (after sitting in NFA jail for nearly 1.5 years!), I don't see a problem with the Optimus' build quality, but it sure has alotta parts. Worse yet, to actually make full use of its versatility requires the purchase of a bunch o' expensive extras, possibly including adapters that Griffin doesn't offer (I had to purchase an adapter to fit the Optimus to the VZ58 (Get this: Griffin said there aren't enough '58s around to make it worth their while to offer the adapter themselves:lol2::sad20:)). Also, fully assembled (including the requisite adapter), it's a relatively heavy gadget. So heavy, in fact, that, once fitted to the '58, the rifle's so front-heavy (and loaded with a Rube Goldberg-like assemblage of componentry) I decided not to even bother using the silencer on it (this was my primary (tho' not sole) use for the Optimus).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom