• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can you imagine that thing full of deer slugs and 00 buckshot? It should be illegal! I want one!

Malthus

Aug 1, 2009
    MD
    I'm curious how that three cylinder rotating assembly will work. I assume it's well designed, ergonomic, and reliable.....I mean IWI, they know what they're doing; but it just looks a bit clunky.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Can you imagine that thing full of deer slugs and 00 buckshot? It should be illegal! I want one!
    If you're in MD, great news: it is illegal. It's using an SRM1216-esque rotating set of mag tubes, which the MSP has previously determined to be a "revolving cylinder".

Anyways, it appears that you manually index the tubes (which appear to double as the handguard) to get more shells, ala the SRM1216. The rotation lock appears to be at the front of the trigger guard (you push on it with your trigger finger, sort of like an M1A safety). This isn't as good as auto-index, but it looks reasonably intuitive (ie, better than the KSG's method). I would have preferred they had gone with stick and drum mags, though.

Also, it's only really 15 rounds capacity, not sure where people got 26 from.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    giphy.gif

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That is sweet! And at least as far as MSRP goes reasonably priced.

To bad it wont be legal in MD. Cant wait to escape this sh$thole oh wait we cant say that anymore.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I explained this in my post.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

A magazine is not a cylinder. As MSP has stated, their list of "reviewed firearms" had errors on it and it is not illegal to transfer or possess a firearm that is incorrectly listed as "Banned."

This gun is completely legal in MD.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    A magazine is not a cylinder. As MSP has stated, their list of "reviewed firearms" had errors on it and it is not illegal to transfer or possess a firearm that is incorrectly listed as "Banned."

I expect this wont go well. Hopefully no one hauls off and asks MSP unless its one of our FFLs who are very experienced in explaining the mechanical differences.

I would very much like to see one of these legal, I have a think for bullpup shotguns.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I expect this wont go well. Hopefully no one hauls off and asks MSP unless its one of our FFLs who are very experienced in explaining the mechanical differences.

I would very much like to see one of these legal, I have a think for bullpup shotguns.

I guarantee there will be at least ten people that ask MSP for an answer before the gun is even commercially available. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    After borrowing a friends KelTec KSG I’d rather have a simple to use shotgun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

That's your opinion. Mine is that it's similar enough to a revolving cylinder that I wouldn't want to get brought to court over it. Literally, all the law says is "revolving cylinder". If the shotgun has a cylinder in it that revolves, that is technically an assault weapon. Stupid, yes, but that's how it is. If it had said revolver cylinder, I'd be on board with you.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It looks cool and that's a lot of shells. That said, it's close enough to Benelli money that I can't see me buying one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom