• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    Why do we put up with these old wrinkly shopkeepers who decide if you don't already know what you want and are gonna pay whatever they ask then its not worth their time. It's because we keep excusing it and saying oh how would you feel if someone asked you dumb questions. That is part of retail! If you don't like dumb questions retire and move to Florida. Ok that's my rant. Im talking about accurate pawn and tackle in Elkridge. The parking and the stock is not worth the time. Do yourself a favor and drive 2 min down the road to 2a and see mark.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    vote with your dollars. i pass many shops on my way to freestate (30 min away) that are allot closer and more convenient. but if your not gonna treat me like a person, im not gonna do business with you. its a shame they dont realize how tight knit the shooting community is, and that one stupid remark will not just loose them one customer but many many potential buyers.

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    I stopped going into that place a long time ago he's never been helpful and is always nasty. With that being said he offers a good deal every once in a while

Truthfully even if it was a great deal I won't be spending a single dollar in that place. Or any other that has rude employees or owners. It doesn't take a ton of energy to answer dumb questions and be nice to people who are about to spend hundreds or even thousands in the store. Maybe we should have a section that rates stores on non rudeness. Maybe to keep the new firearms shopper from being blindsided and discouraged.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Having bought from a number of places over the years, there are only two I would buy from at this point that are a reasonable distance from my home. There is one or two closer, but the rudeness and arrogance factors keep me away.

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    Having bought from a number of places over the years, there are only two I would buy from at this point that are a reasonable distance from my home. There is one or two closer, but the rudeness and arrogance factors keep me away.

Wow I'm kinda relieved that it's not only because I'm a noob. Even the more experienced are being treated with disrespect. Atleast they're not discriminating. Lol.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I live in Montgomery County and there are 4 shops within 15 minutes of my place. None of them are horrible. But none of them have been outstanding either. So instead of spending my hard earned money at them, I choose to drive 35 mintues to a shop that has always been first rate. Its a shop where if your just stopping by to see whats new, buying some ammo, or spending a couple grand, youre treated the same. With respect and appreciation. I wish all other shops operated the same way.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have to agree. I am not that knowledgeable about firearms in general. I often have questions, and want recommendations. I have been very happy going to Gun Connection, and will keep doing business with them.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    There is a shop(not an IP) maybe two miles from my house that is always well stocked that I refuse to go in anymore simply because the owners tend to be arrogant know it alls and their prices are always high. So, yea customer service is important.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    There are 4 places I will buy everything I can from. Engage, 2A , Shooters discount and Baltimore Best Pawn. Engage, Shooters Discount and 2a are about a 45-1hr drive for me and well worth it. Have had excellent service at all of them. Baltimore best(trying to be an IP) is about 20min and also has great customer service and I stop by there on my way to work all the time to just talk and browse.

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    I been to many of the places you guys seem to love and I never had spectacular service, beyond whats on a firearms website or usual forums they usualy don't have much more infomation. Beyond some special indivduals like Ed or Chad, I have been less then impressed with most gun shop owners and thier knowledge. Maybe I am a know it all or I do a ton of research in advance or I don't have some good goverment or contractors job that are so abudent around here that allows me to spend $1000 on an Ar I could buy online for $750, where that $250 difference does not matter to me.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I guess I'm odd. I have had great luck and a LONG relationship with several of the shops here that others bash.

Maybe it's just me, or the owners, or a generational difference.

I bought many items off of Gus over the years and he is my first shop to go to for stuff. However, I know what I want, I pay and I go on with my life. I don't try to beat him (or other dealers) down. I treat them with respect and if we're too far apart on an item I go on.

I work hard to build a relationship with a dealer. I don't jump to the cheapest place in town to save $5, especially if that means a chain store who cares nothing about me nor the 2A.

With my life I move a lot. Every time I move, I look around, research a shop that is a good fit for me (what they carry, etc.), then I buy ALL my stuff there. In the long run, they know me, know I am no BS, pay cash and go on my way. Treat them with respect and it's all good.

I'm sorry that you and Gus didn't hit if off.

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    I'll be picking up a GP 100 from Gus in a few days. I've only bought 2 guns from Accurate Pawn, but I never had a problem, and got a really good deal.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I usually buy at a different place every time. Some of these gun shops are like bars to me, just not into the hanging out and all that.

I'm more of an in, buy, and roll out. Maybe I'll come back 5 years later to buy something else.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I've had great luck with our IP's here. I have only been to 3 of them. Although I felt they were all good people and treated me very well, I have only purchased from one (GC)...several times. It's too bad that you had such a bad experience. Try to take some time and let them know that you had a bad experience. We have all had bad days and I would hate for someone to not give me a chance to make it right.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Accurate Pawn and The Gun Shop have some of the best prices on guns you can get from what I have seen.

If you are looking for a million choices then pony up the cash and pay at shops that stock everything like Atlantic Guns.

You can go in the middle of the road, and go to a Place like Engage, 2A, or Gun Connection and get good customer service and pay just a little more but not as much selection as Atlantic but the prices are lower.

If you need to talk technical stuff, custom work, repairs, theres a few shops with reputable gunsmiths like Scotts and Engage.

Read this first before taking a gunsmiths time up:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56219

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom