• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

TypeR898

Jan 9, 2017
    Application submitted 12-16 Just went active today. 1-10-17 HQL-2017-0008**

Jeffx

Jan 7, 2017
    Hooray!!!! HQL app went active today. Looks like 800 plus apps approved so far in 2017 . They been busy!
    Time line Applied
    - 12/15/16
    -active 1/10/17

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I was exempt from the training, but my application took almost exactly 30 days. On day 20 after seeing only 2 of the sections being marked as complete, sent an email inquiring about how long the process was taking, and got back a terse email saying that they are being crushed by the # of applications, and in most cases, (as of Mid December 2016) they were taking the full 30 days to get them complete. I also sent in my C&R app to the ATF - I want a Mosin! - and keep checking my CC balance every day to see if they've processed the application fee, and so far, nothing. On one of the boards I read, I heard it was taking a month or so for a C&R to be approved.
    I also bought a silencer online from Rebel Silencers - and it still hasn't been transferred to local Class III dealer who does transfers (though they charge an arm and a leg - a $100, which is what the silencer costs.)
    (Yes, that is very inexpensive - but go to their site and then check out their YouTube videos - their rimfire silencer, the SOS-22 is $99 - ironically, the cheapest part of the whole process - which is just ridiculous! With Trump being sworn in on the 19th, I imagine the ATF, and all other federal agencies have put applications on the back burner for now. I seriously think that someone, some stupid liberal, is going to attempt to do the unthinkable, though I pray for it not to happen.

The rabid zealotry displayed by Clinton supporters is just freaking scary!

How have you made out with your Rebel Silencer SOS-22 purchase?

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    It is my understanding that it can take up to 2 weeks for the hql to arrive in your mailbox. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct, I emailed them

Your card was printed on 1/9/2017 and sent over to the post office on 1/10/2017 to be delivered to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX which is the address you listed on your application. We ask all applicants to wait 2 weeks from the date the card is sent over to the post office to allow them sufficient time to deliver the card. If you do not receive your card by the end of your mail delivery on 1/24/2017 please let us know at which time the card will then be reprinted and either sent over to the post office again or you can come into the Pikesville office to pick the card up in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom