• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I just posted this review at Midway USA. It hasn't been approved for public viewing yet, but wanted to offer you all some initial impressions if you're in the market for a good budget red dot sight.

Bresser Red Dot Sight 1x 22mm 3 MOA Dot Matte

In search of a good quality micro dot comparible to the Aimpoint H1/T1 models, I stumbled upon the Primary Arms red dot sights. I found that the Primary Arms micro dots were highly regarded as a budget alternative to the more expensive Aimpoints. The only problem is that they've been out of production for a while and are impossible to find in stock any where. Used Primary Arms dot sights come up for sale on ebay from time to time, but the winning bid is usually well above what they normally retail for. I was going to settle for the equally highly regarded Bushnell TRS-25 when I came across the Bresser Tactical RDS here on Midway. What I immediately noticed was that it looks identical to the Primary Arms MD-06. Curious, I decided to take a chance and try it out. What I found was the Bresser is exactly the same red dot sight as the one sold by Primary Arms. I'm willing to bet these are being rolled off the same assembly line but being stamped with a different brand name. I studied all the reviews and images of the Primary Arms sights very closely, and have concluded that the Bresser sights are an exact match with regards to every descriptive feature. The fit and finish is top notch. The front glass in angled slightly and has the same protective coating. Looking through the optic you notice a very slight blue/greenish tint. The dot has 11 intensity settings and the adjustment knob is very tactile. I mounted the sight on a short barrel AR pistol and sent 60 rounds down range. The Bresser held zero very well and I'm confident it will continue to hold true. I purposely left the dot sight powered on for a couple days and it was still running strong when I got to range to test fire it. Included in the package is a bikini lens cover (exactly the same as the Primary Arms) and an allen wrench for the mount. You will be able to use any mount designed for the Aimpoint H1/T1. The packaging stated that a lens cleaning cloth was also included, but mine did not come with one (not a show stopper and I won't take away a star for it). Interestingly, the dot sight pictured on the packaging looks exactly like the Primary Arms MD-07! I think it's more than a mere coincidence that Primary Arms have been having issues with their overseas manufactures/suppliers, and now these sights are readily available but under a completely different brand name here on Midway. I would say if you're looking for a good cost effective high quality Aimpoint H1/T1 clone, and you can't wait for Primary Arms to work out their issues and don't want to pay ridiculous used prices on ebay, I'm confident you will be satisfied with the Bresser Tactical micro dot.

img4949qu.jpg

img4950j.jpg

img4951q.jpg

img4952.jpg

img4953g.jpg

img4954uw.jpg

img4955.jpg

img4956w.jpg

img4958n.jpg

img4959r.jpg

img4960wv.jpg

Last edited:

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    The American Defense QD riser mount arrived yesterday and, as expected, it mates perfectly with the Bresser micro dot. Will post pics later.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Very nice review. Is this scope (the one you reviewed) that much different than the Bushnell TRS-25? Put another way, was the previous one offered by Primary Arms that much better than the TRS-25?
    Thanks!

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    Very nice review. Is this scope (the one you reviewed) that much different than the Bushnell TRS-25? Put another way, was the previous one offered by Primary Arms that much better than the TRS-25?
    Thanks!

I have 2 of the trs-25 and love them both no issue's even when I use a slide fire stock and do a mag drop. But I haven't tried either of the other ones but they look almost the same. It also looks the same as a sun optics model I saw in a cheaperthandirt flyer

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Are those rated for slide mounting on pistols?

As previously answered, I guess it would all depend on your set up. I'd feel confident mounting this on anything .45 ACP and below.

Thanks!

I don't have any prior experience with the TRS-25, but I was considering that COA when I came across the Bresser RDS. Other than the placement of the illumination adjustment dial I doubt there are any significant differences with regards to function and build quality. From everything I've read it seems to be a very solid optic. I will report here if I run into any issues with the Bresser, but so far so good.

I'll add that I did manage to snap one of the straps on the bikini lens caps by over stretching it. I replaced it with the one sold on the Primary Arms web site since it's exactly the same cover. I also upgraded the stock o-rings with the red o-rings sold at Primary Arms as well.

Interestingly enough, Midway has not published my review. Probably due to too many references to the Primary Arms RDS. Since I can't prove these are manufactured at the same manufacturing plant (even though it seems obvious) I guess they chalked it up as a speculative review not worthy of dissemination. If anyone owns a PA MD-06 and wants to link up to do a side-by-side comparison let me know.

Last edited:

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    These guys have conducted a sub-$100 micro dot shoot-out. The Bresser was one of the first tested in the series. Very interesting and rather humorous videos to watch. I just came across this series myself, but it'll be interesting to find out which one ultimately comes out on top. Definitely worth watching:

T.A.G.R Ultimate SUB-$100 Micro/Mini Red-Dot Challenge Episode 1: Part1

T.A.G.R Ultimate SUB-$100 Micro/Mini Red-Dot Challenge Episode 1: Part2

These guys should prove that the Primary Arms MD-06, Bresser TrueView Tactical, Sun Optics and Barska clones are all the exact same sight with a different brand stamped on the side. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. However, I'd feel like a jackass for paying more for the Bresser when the others are less expensive. Nevertheless, it'll hold me over until I have enough set aside for an Aimpoint H1/T1. This is still a good sight I can give to my kid for his .22LR.

Barska:
    51gCs9YKiEL._SS400_.jpg

Sun Optics:
    31Rai9QMXbL._SS500_.jpg

PA MD-06:
    MD-06-2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members