• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    To recap: I used priority mail postage printed from USPS web site that forced the incorrect zip code. Two days later, tracking showed it as undeliverable. Several more days and no change in status. Just this morning, got an alert that it was ready for pickup at the PO at the correct BATFE zip code. Meaning, some human being at USPS took a minute to look it over and got it where it needed to go.

What's this "Available For Pick Up"? That would have me concerned. I've never seen this before.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What's this "Available For Pick Up"? That would have me concerned. I've never seen this before.

With many large businesses and agencies, the mail is picked up at the PO rather than delivered, especially if it requires a signature. They can’t just drop off signature-requiring mail in a huge bin at the BATFE mailbroom/loading dock.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    With many large businesses and agencies, the mail is picked up at the PO rather than delivered, especially if it requires a signature. They can’t just drop off signature-requiring mail in a huge bin at the BATFE mailbroom/loading dock.

Sure they can, they do it with the IRS, every year as well as the Maryland Department of Taxation.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sure they can, they do it with the IRS, every year as well as the Maryland Department of Taxation.

Maybe they have a clearing house go through their mail before it's delivered to their offices?

I don't know, I've just never seen that listed on any of my Certified letters I've mailed over the years.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Maybe they have a clearing house go through their mail before it's delivered to their offices?

I don't know, I've just never seen that listed on any of my Certified letters I've mailed over the years.

I sent mine out on the 18th and I just checked status. As of Sunday at 10:54 am, mine is also "ready for pick-up" at the hub in DC. It would take me less than 2 hours to drive to ATF and drop it off myself. Go figure.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    A week to get to DC

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.20.56 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.20.56 AM.png
      12.6 KB · Views: 303

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Bingo

I just checked mine again. It was "delivered" this morning at 5:11 am. One week for me too.

Mine was sent last Monday. I called this morning and after an effing hour hold told me it was delivered on the 21st and picked up this morning, like yours.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I've got date stamps on my receipts and don't care if they ever get it.
    This. I haven't check my certified mail yet, but its post marked. All I care about. Shows I sent something to BAFTE, so should be good enough for reasonable doubt about my gun oil.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GregSB

Feb 20, 2013
    Mine was delivered today too.

Tracking History

September 24, 2018, 5:11 am
    Delivered
    WASHINGTON, DC 20226
    Your item was delivered at 5:11 am on September 24, 2018 in WASHINGTON, DC 20226.

September 21, 2018, 11:05 am
    Available for Pickup
    WASHINGTON, DC 20226

September 21, 2018, 9:41 am
    Arrived at Unit
    WASHINGTON, DC 20018

September 20, 2018
    In Transit to Next Facility

September 18, 2018, 4:34 pm
    Departed Post Office
    DEALE, MD 20751

September 18, 2018, 3:25 pm
    USPS in possession of item
    DEALE, MD 20751

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Estimated Delivery Date (printed on receipt for PS Form 3806) is/was Saturday 9/22/2018.

Current status (last update was yesterday): "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Figure it's currently undergoing the "shake-n-bake" treatment ...

Attachments

• Registered Mail.png
      Registered Mail.png
      12.9 KB · Views: 231

barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    I’ve been following all of this since the bill came out, and it’s a complete shit show. I love this state sometimes, but I also cannot wait to get out of here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom