View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:17 PM #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles71 View Post
The whole restriction thing gets me. Not sure how every permit can be different. the LEO job alone become very difficult due to different people interpreting them differently. Its like saying "you can speak freely here but not here, this guy on the other hand can have free speech over there but not in here, etc."

The restrictions on mine have caused me much hesitation, and I therefore dont carry unless I feel I am well within the restriction. Even though I went through the hoops I still am not able to protect myself and family as I should.

I went through the MD process to #1 see if I could get one and #2 if so I felt it would get my foot in the door. Hopefully the recent events will continue to move Md to a better place these restrictions that are different for all of us will go away.

TD
The special restrictions will probably have to disappear, other than possibly dictating concealed carry for civilians, open carry for uniformed security. Once self-defense qualifies as "justifiable need", it would make no sense for someone to go get a restricted permit for work for example.