• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    This is quickly devolving into what promises to be a very nasty war over a fundamental right that, according to the firearms community, people like Cuomo and Senators Dianne Feinstein and Charles Schumer want to turn into a heavily-regulated privilege, complete with bans on whole classes of firearms they don’t like.

https://bit.ly/2VJnrjg

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    The big new term being coined is "Gun Safety Reform" I mean who can be against that, right?
    “One measure that I think ought to be a consensus measure, and I know has bipartisan support, is we should cover all commercial sales of firearms with a background check,” Toomey (R-Pa) said a few weeks after 11 people were slain in the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh. “This is just a common-sense measure that is entirely consistent and compatible with the Second Amendment. Background checks must be put in perspective. They won’t stop gun violence. But they could help as part of a broader system."

Hmm. Wonder what a Broader system means.

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Every time I see the trigger word "commonsense" (Gun Grabber word, as opposed to the two word English form), I substitute "Bullsh1t" in it's place and it all becomes crystal clear. The Gun Grabber form can be traced back to an early Everytown press release and talking point that has been recycled verbatim ever since. It makes it absurdly simple to identify a script written by a lobbyist and recited by a brain dead politician.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They won't be happy with their level of control until the population is completely disarmed. And then they still won't be happy. Which will lead to bad things for the disarmed population.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    They won't be happy with their level of control until the population is completely disarmed. And then they still won't be happy. Which will lead to bad things for the disarmed population.

Agree. That's the goal. Thus younger generations, our future leaders, are being brainwashed. In 10 years there will be no America as we know and love.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Agree. That's the goal. Thus younger generations, our future leaders, are being brainwashed. In 10 years there will be no America as we know and love.

I disagree. All that will happen is more cultural separation between urban/suburban/exurban areas and rural areas. Rural areas will maintain their old culture as they have for 300 years.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This is quickly devolving into what promises to be a very nasty war over a fundamental right that, according to the firearms community, people like Cuomo and Senators Dianne Feinstein and Charles Schumer want to turn into a heavily-regulated privilege, complete with bans on whole classes of firearms they don’t like.

https://bit.ly/2VJnrjg

Nothing new or unexpected here. I hope you're talking to others about this because you're preaching to the choir here.:innocent0

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I disagree. All that will happen is more cultural separation between urban/suburban/exurban areas and rural areas. Rural areas will maintain their old culture as they have for 300 years.

I tend to agree. Unfortunately the math is on the side of the grabbers, since the population in dense urban centers continues to grow relative to the rural areas. And in our great representative republic, the majority elects the officials who write the laws.

Most of the population who would vote for anti-gun measures aren't rabidly against guns, they are simply ignorant of their value —their only exposure to them is negative (nightly news). The only gun culture in cities is thug culture. We are losing a culture war, first and foremost, and one of the casualties is 2A.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    This slink tarts at the beginning.

thanks for fixing. I posted that while watching it and didn't even know you could post a link that did not start at the beginning. Good to know for when I want to do it intentionally.

That video has 15k views. It had like 11k views or so when it was about 8 hours old. he is just one person and there are others who spread the message and 15k views is alot from one person, but unfortunately only people into guns or 2a watch this stuff. The message still misses many people who I feel would be very pro 2a, but just don't know about how much some of the politicians want to infringe.

How do we go about winning the culture war and helping to shape opinions?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I tend to agree. Unfortunately the math is on the side of the grabbers, since the population in dense urban centers continues to grow relative to the rural areas. And in our great representative republic, the majority elects the officials who write the laws.

Most of the population who would vote for anti-gun measures aren't rabidly against guns, they are simply ignorant of their value —their only exposure to them is negative (nightly news). The only gun culture in cities is thug culture. We are losing a culture war, first and foremost, and one of the casualties is 2A.

Let me direct you to the Official Party Platform, written in 2016:

https://democrats.org/about/party-platform/
    ENSURE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL AMERICANS
    • Securing Universal Health Care
    • Supporting Community Health Centers
    • Reducing Prescription Drug Costs
    • Enabling Cutting-Edge Medical Research
    • Combating Drug and Alcohol Addiction
    • Treating Mental Health
    • Supporting Those Living with Autism and their Families
    • Securing Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice
    • Ensuring Long-Term Care, Services, and Supports
    • Protecting and Promoting Public Health
    • Ending Violence Against Women
      [*] Preventing Gun Violence
    With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM’s)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.
    https://democrats.org/about/party-platform/#gun-violence

So there you are boys and girls, it's spelled out in their official Party Platform.

Now, who is on record as the enemy of freedom?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I grew up in a rural culture that said the war was already lost. You can be a rebel or an outlaw, but you can't win against those who are inculcated to the urban environment.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member

Maybe. If they have been prepping and can survive what is going to happen - Many cannot even begin to understand the magnitude of the New World Order. And we can only hope that those who do survive, whether because of their "old" culture or because they are prepared, that they work to keep this Republic and aren't just stashing away in their woods. Ignorance is not vigilance.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Nothing new or unexpected here. I hope you're talking to others about this because you're preaching to the choir here.:innocent0

Never thought I would be telling anyone here anything new - just need to keep the awareness thus we get smacked along the side the head with a big ol 2x4 And yes I explain the purpose of gun control to just about anyone I meet in one way or the other. Would love to hear your suggestions on how to abort these efforts by the Government?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom