28.9 KB · Views: 1,422
    • 12-6-2017+LD-FRU-17-011+Portal+App+Completion-Firearm+Transfers.pdf
      97.8 KB · Views: 312

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No, they do not want the 77 finished in the system before the 4473 and the firearm is picked up.

Although it would seem to prevent pickup after 8 days if the email isn't received.

hmmmm

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Where's the ones at who claim that voter ID is discrimination and obstructing a constitutional right? How is forcing one to have an email and having to set up an account with MSP to purchase a firearm not unconstitutional? Seems to me that it is discrimination and obstructing a constitutional right of poor black people, homosexuals, and other poverty stricken people.

What am I missing with this.... is this saying no 8 day releases unless the application is closed by MSP?

No, they do not want the 77 finished in the system before the 4473 and the firearm is picked up.

Although it would seem to prevent pickup after 8 days if the email isn't received.

hmmmm

I'm slow so be easy on me,the 4473 is 3 days and the 77R can be done faster(but still 7 day wait) but they are being released sooner?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, I'm confused.

Are they impling that some Regulated Weapons Dealers have been releasing Regulated items , before initiating a 77R , and please stop it ?

OR are they trying to eliminate the 8 day release in absence of Disapproval, substituting a potentially indefinate waiting for a Not Disapproved ?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Where's the ones at who claim that voter ID is discrimination and obstructing a constitutional right? How is forcing one to have an email and having to set up an account with MSP to purchase a firearm not unconstitutional? Seems to me that it is discrimination and obstructing a constitutional right of poor black people, homosexuals, and other poverty stricken people.

The legal answer is..... BECAUSE

Panther

Jan 22, 2017
    Lanham
    Ok, I'm confused.

Are they impling that some Regulated Weapons Dealers have been releasing Regulated items , before initiating a 77R , and please stop it ?

OR are they trying to eliminate the 8 day release in absence of Disapproval, substituting a potentially indefinate waiting for a Not Disapproved ?

From the way I interpreted the letter, it seems that your first question would be correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Re-reading it, it sounds like some FFL was releasing handguns on 4473 NICS check. Interested to learn if an arrest was made.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well this letter keeps the MSP tradition of trying to clarify a situation with even more confusion.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    It only applies to the One dealer doing it. Good thing they are a Blue Label dealer. ( I have no idea really )

Sent from the 3rd Rock

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It sounds to me like perhaps a dealer released after seven days without having gotten the not-disapproved email from MSP and the MSP is going apeshit
    Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I think all they saying is complete the 77r sign out when the customer picks up the firearm and signs the 4473 for pick up. Sounds more like a reminder then anything else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom