Where do you buy and AR/M4 in central MD????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Has anyone form central MD purchased and AR or M4 style rifle, recently? What are good places? and a price range? (probably $800-1,200)

or did most people try and build and order themselves?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'm in the process (last week or so) of building my own. This is my 1st AR build. After all is said and done, it should run be @ $650 without any bells and whistles. This leave me $$ to accessorize.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    yeah I guess I'll go search the rifle threads on how to build it. That seems to be the way to go. I did see some used Olympic and Rock River AR's at Atlantic, the only place I've seen used AR's in MD. But who wants a used Olympic? it'll probably misfire and the ATF would come get me.

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    If your concerned about spending too much don't buy from Atlantic in Silver Spring. Building your own is the way to go. You do not need much technical know how.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'm doing research right now for my first AR. I stopped by Gun Connection yesterday and got a good overview of ARs. I still have questions and it is a big step for me to go from my first firearm purchase earlier this year to an EBR. I like the prospect of building it myself, not only to know how it works and to do minor fixes if something goes wrong, but also to get some pride into it. Also building it myself spreads the cost out over several months.

Let us know what you end up with.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The Gun Rack in Burtonsville has by far the best prices, new and used, that I have seen. The last two Bushy HBAR's I bought from them (used) were $675 and $725, respectively. You couldn't even tell the one I paid $725 for was used. They are also a new Bushmaster dealer. They treat their customers pretty well too.

Last edited:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    yeah I guess I'll go search the rifle threads on how to build it. That seems to be the way to go. I did see some used Olympic and Rock River AR's at Atlantic, the only place I've seen used AR's in MD. But who wants a used Olympic? it'll probably misfire and the ATF would come get me.

Right now I'm looking at 2 different kits companies and I'm already leaning towards one since they have reputable parts. But I'm also going to contact that guy Numidian has recommended. He says that he's mix and match parts for your kit. I'm not in a hurry because I don't have all the $$ just yet but hopefully by the end of this month or early Nov.

LMK what you end up doing and I'll do the same.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Mark, Dan had a Bushmaster HBAR on Thursday that would be in your price range, I think. He also had the fully assembled CMMG guns that would be toward the low end of your price range.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Build, it spreads out the cost, and you'll learn how to replace/repair any parts that may fail in the future.

Just assembling the lower (not hard at all) will atleast teach you about the fire control group. Having any knowledge about you gun is always a plus.

Buy the stripped lower from your closest dealer (the lower is the only part that you need a FFL for) then order everything else online, it will save you a bunch of money.

Check out the following for AR related products:

Adco Firearms
    Rainier Arms
    Global Tactical
    Bravo Company

They all usually have great prices and are instock with the products you want.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Like said above, buy a stripped lower through a local dealer. That way you are only paying TAX on the lower and not on a complete weapon.

Paying tax on Lower from $100 to $200 (depending on the lower and the dealer) instead of $850 + for a complete weapon is a big savings its self.

Happy Hunting

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    http://www.evilblackrifleshop.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65

Here is the sale that Pete has right now for M4/Carbine kits

Mark

take up Numidians recommendation and contact EBR above. I've been in contact with Pete and is running a few good specials on rifle kits. He's offering a special for EEEK kits....Shipping Costs included in the price. I've priced out a Stag Kit....the kits is priced $15 lower than the same complete Upper on the Stag website.

Basically you get a Stag upper, Stag LPK, and Stock at a price lower than the upper alone on their website and you don't pay shipping. All you need is a stripped lower.

He's also got a Double Star kit $450 no shipping cost. With your stipped lower your total cost can be under $600. Only downfall is a cash price (CC + 4%) and 3-5 weeks as he doesn't stock it but this give you a chance to shop for a lower.

He's running this special until Election Day. I'll let you know how I make out

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Mark

take up Numidians recommendation and contact EBR above. I've been in contact with Pete and is running a few good specials on rifle kits. He's offering a special for EEEK kits....Shipping Costs included in the price. I've priced out a Stag Kit....the kits is priced $15 lower than the same complete Upper on the Stag website.

Basically you get a Stag upper, Stag LPK, and Stock at a price lower than the upper alone on their website and you don't pay shipping. All you need is a stripped lower.

He's also got a Double Star kit $450 no shipping cost. With your stipped lower your total cost can be under $600. Only downfall is a cash price (CC + 4%) and 3-5 weeks as he doesn't stock it but this give you a chance to shop for a lower.

He's running this special until Election Day. I'll let you know how I make out

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    +1 for Gun Connection if you want to buy a complete one or even buy parts. What can I say...Dan has a customer for as long as I live here!

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    Buying online will usually save you money. If I could, I'd get everything from Global Tactical/Denny's because everything is at my door AT THE MOST 3 days after I place my order. His service and prices are hard to beat, but his selection is limited sometimes. JTAC is an awesome dealer as well. His service is top notch.

If you want to buy locally, I would go with Gun Connection. I like Continental a lot for their shooting range but often times I find their prices to be $50-60 more than others, sometimes less sometimes more.

Rainier Arms makes me worried sometimes, especially in regards to their QC. I've ordered 3 items from them that have been cosmetically damaged upon arrival to my house. The box it was shipped in was not damaged so that means no inspection of the item was made between arrival at Rainier and my house.

DO NOT GO WITH LEGAL TRANSFERS. Just don't.

I would buy a complete upper your first time, only because it takes special tools to assemble an upper. I have found the there isn't much cost savings in assembling your own upper, either. Definitely assemble your own lower and avoid the excise tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom