• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I just got in a Yugoslavian M57 from J&G sales I paid $40 for hand select of finish and shiney bore and I paid $20 form the intact creast on the slide. It came in today and imwas only able to give it a quick look over and get it entered in my hound book. In the next few days I am going to take it apart and clean and oil it good. First impression was the finish was good to very good it showed wear. The barrel looks about new very strong rifling and no rust or pitting inside or out. The frame, slide and barrel numbers match but the trigger group liked to be eletropencel to match the rest of the pistol. I ended upm paying $284.04 with next day Air shipping. shipping alone was $27.09 !

It only came with one magazine and i have not had time to fuction test the pistol! Or magazine. I wish it came with a holster lanyard spare magazine and all that good stuff.

What all and where should I be looking to put a proper accessory kit together for this pistol.

I have a TTC-33 from Romanian that came with holster and lanyard and spare magazine.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No idea on lanyard, but classic firearms has M57/TT33 holsters.

My M57 came with a cleaning brush from DK Firearms and looked almost unissued (slight wear on the hammer face finish, but exterior is cosmetic 99%+

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Ricky P get your next one from DK firearms and let them know you are a member of this site. I got 3 from them at various time in the past year and a half. Never got extra mags, lanyard or holster though.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Check out Razor Arms for a set of grips. They will transform the feel and ergonomics of the pistol dramatically.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Check out Razor Arms for a set of grips. They will transform the feel and ergonomics of the pistol dramatically.

I love the look and feel of the grip so I doubt I I will want to change it. But thinks form the advise.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I picked one up a few weeks ago from Century Arms and got one with the trigger safety. Swapped out the trigger for an original part and took it to the range last weekend. This is my first 7.62x25mm, and I am very impressed with the gun and the round.

The gun I received was made in 1964. All of the internal parts look brand new so I must assume that it was refurbished before import into the U.S. It was rated VG-Excelent and the finish is nearly perfect with the only marks appearing to have been made from another gun in the crate during shipping.

I polished the hammer and sear, disabled the magazine safety by wedging a small piece of tie wrap between it and the frame, and worked the trigger spring until I got a 4.5 pound trigger pull. The gun is a real pleasure to shoot, was 100% reliable with three types of ammunition and two mags, and held very nice groupings although hitting just a little low. The outdoor range is limited in how far the target can be placed from the shooter before the wind created problems so more testing is needed at a slightly longer distance.

After my range trip with the Zastava M-57, I can see why the commies built so many of these guns and ones like them and why they selected the 7.62x25mm. The gun seemed to magically return to the center of the target after each shot indicating that it is very well balanced. The round itself is very stout but it works very smoothly in the M-57 and the recoil is less than one might expect from such a potent cartridge. Gotta love a steel framed pistol.

With the different safeties available on these pistols, I think waiting until I could get one of these was a wise choice. The gun is beautiful, reliable, and looks like it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom