• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    NICS Checks in the Trump Era Break May Record

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/dean-weingarten/nics-checks-trump-era-break-may-record/

NICS-Chart-201705.jpg

The NICS checks total last month was 1,942,677. That’s a new record for May. The next highest was in 2016, 1,870,000. The National Instant Criminal background check totals continue to confound expectations. Instead of a continual fall during the Trump administration — the so-called Trump slump — the totals have remained surprisingly strong.

The May 2017 checks are just under 104% of the previous record, set in 2016. While the absolute number of checks for May are lower than the previous month, expected seasonal variations make May 2017 a record breaker.

It’s unclear what’s fueling the historic NICS numbers, but there are several possible causes. The increase is likely a combination of them. The violent post-election actions of leftist reactionaries, combined with fear that a Trump presidency could be overthrown by a media-driven “coup” could be motivations.

The violence on the left, as shown in Berkley, Portland, the District of Columbia, and San Francisco, has been well covered in the alternate media. The virulent hatred toward President Trump expressed in the establishment media is on display on a daily basis. And there have been numerous stories of people on the left buying firearms for the first time.

Fear of a firearms market glut brought about a drop in firearms prices, as retailers didn’t want to be caught with an unsalable inventory. Structural increases in the number of firearms owners may have increased the base level of sales.

Increasing optimism about the economy, a falling unemployment rate, and a record setting Dow Jones could be increasing sales of firearms as consumer confidence increases.

NICS checks, of course, aren’t solely made up of gun sales. They also include checks for carry permits. Carry permit numbers are at an all time high all over the United States. Both new permits and renewals are increasing. This builds in an increased number of NICS checks without necessarily increasing firearms sales. The trend in the states has been to reduce fees and remove impediments to both initial issuance of carry permits and their renewal.

The average ratio over the past 15 years is just under .6 firearm sales for each NICS check. 10,699,334 checks have been done in the first five months of 2017. If that ratio holds true, about 6.4 million guns were added to the private stock in 2017 so far.

©2017 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.

Gun Watch

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've got 3 stamps outstanding after the election. December 15, 2016 checks were cashed. Hopefully I will have them before Christmas of this year.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I have to confess I did most of my buying prior to the election. I did get a G29 a few week after but that's it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have to confess I did most of my buying prior to the election. I did get a G29 a few week after but that's it.

I gotta tell ya, the deals are unbelievable right now. I've bought some things this year that were heavily discounted in comparison to the last 2 years.

Even parts are a lot less than they were this time last year.

This is now the time to buy. :thumbsup:

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I gotta tell ya, the deals are unbelievable right now. I've bought some things this year that were heavily discounted in comparison to the last 2 years.

Even parts are a lot less than they were this time last year.

This is now the time to buy. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately I did my buying with the expectation I wouldn't be able to later. Miscalculated.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah, I know. Unfortunately I did my buying with the expectation I wouldn't be able to later. Miscalculated.

Remember, you're not buying a firearm, you are investing in a diversified savings portfolio. Every firearm I've sold was sold for more than I spent on it.

Guns, Gold and Silver. Much better than any savings account. Plus you can't have much fun looking at your bank statement every month. ;)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Im ok with libs buying guns because they are afraid of Trump.

No problem at all if the remain responsible and law abiding citizens.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Do you honestly think they can do that? I see desperate people, doing desperate things. Particularly if it looks like he's going to win a second term.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Do you honestly think they can do that? I see desperate people, doing desperate things. Particularly if it looks like he's going to win a second term.

There are "would be" idiots and criminals of all persuasions. Not much we can do about preventing them from legally owning firearms. Nor would I want to.

I think that the average joe who has lost faith in government and is beginning to come to the realization that he had better be prepared to defend himself and his rights is actually a person who has hope. I also think that an educated legal gun owner is better than a misinformed anti.

Just my 2 cents.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Its kind of hard to believe the Lefties are buying because they live in the Most Restricted Gun Law Areas...I mean KALI, OR, WA, DC MA, NY...

I think is the Cross-Overs and the Trump Supporters seeing the increased Leftist revolting and getting ready for it...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

I'm not OK with that at all. Trump hasn't done anything to threaten the Left's safety, yet they are notorious for claiming self defense because of fabricated claims of aggression. And they make decisions based on emotion and passion instead of reason.

Not unlike Antifa, Kathy Griffin, or North Korea. Different threat levels, but common mentality and victim mentality.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    More and more guns, in fewer hands. The USA is an anomaly concerning firearms ownership. We are wealthy beyond compare to the rest of the world. In countries where more households own guns, it is typically one or two. It would be interesting to know the median number of guns owned just in this group.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    More and more guns, in fewer hands. The USA is an anomaly concerning firearms ownership. We are wealthy beyond compare to the rest of the world. In countries where more households own guns, it is typically one or two. It would be interesting to know the median number of guns owned just in this group.

I wonder how many people here even know for sure.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

You don't wanna know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom