January 13 & 14
    April 14 & 15
    October 20 & 21

Open to the Public
    Saturday 9am to 5pm
    Sunday 9am to 3pm

Admission is $8.00 a day for anyone 12 and up

Parking is Free
    I went today. Bought a few accessories. Wasn’t to impressed with the overall event. Had a good time though.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Dragged my poor wife to the show. I thought it was sparse with few guns. Jewlery, dried meat, tee shirts, knives ( some custom, some not so much). Met David, a rep from el passo holsters, bought an on ground steel pistol target, some para cord, a couple of used swiss army knives, and a brass brush or two. And oh yes, a 50 rd box of speer gold dot 357 sig for a new glock that wouldn’t feed this ammo and went back to the factory. Coming home after 4 weeks.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    This show turned out to be a gold mine! (at least for me) I can't go into detail but Lee knows what I'm talking about!

Somes sweet finds and deals to be had if you look

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Went to the show with several grand in my pocket. Left the show with several grand in my pocket. Picked up 2 pounds of powder to try, one for pistol and one for rifle and that's all. Didn't see anything worth buying otherwise. They should rename Maryland gun shows, beef jerky and trinket shows! Although I try to give these shows the benefit of doubt, I have had enough. No more Maryland shows for me.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You missed an enjoyable AGC workday.
    My last Maryland show was 1997.

No, I didn't. Have to wonder why they were told to only cut part of the bamboo on the 200 yd range and to only cut it part way down.:sad20:

Last time I did it, I took it as close to the ground as reasonably possible. Hard to get rid of that stuff!!!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Went to the show with several grand in my pocket. Left the show with several grand in my pocket. Picked up 2 pounds of powder to try, one for pistol and one for rifle and that's all. Didn't see anything worth buying otherwise. They should rename Maryland gun shows, beef jerky and trinket shows! Although I try to give these shows the benefit of doubt, I have had enough. No more Maryland shows for me.

Dist, that’s the second show where you went with a stack of Benjamin’s and left with the same stack.

You must be getting tired of carrying them around.

Why don’t you let me hold them for you?

mcurry

Mar 7, 2018
    E. Baltimore

I agree. Rocky Road fudge was my best purchase.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Dist, that’s the second show where you went with a stack of Benjamin’s and left with the same stack.

You must be getting tired of carrying them around.

Why don’t you let me hold them for you?

Not to worry, the wife does a good job of that!:lol2:

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Probably as bad as a gun show can get. I hadn't been a few years and it reminded me why.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    With gun sales down and more and more dealers going out of business, you guys really won't have to worry about gun shows in MD soon. Hell, if gun sales keep dropping and dealers keep closing up, you won't even be able to buy guns in MD.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you guys want the gun shows in MD to cease, just continue not going. Even with all the BS vendors, it is still a gun show in the PR of MD.
    Yes i did go and bought some parts.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    The same people bitching about md shows will be bitching about pa shows.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    With gun sales down and more and more dealers going out of business, you guys really won't have to worry about gun shows in MD soon. Hell, if gun sales keep dropping and dealers keep closing up, you won't even be able to buy guns in MD.

If you guys want the gun shows in MD to cease, just continue not going. Even with all the BS vendors, it is still a gun show in the PR of MD.
    Yes i did go and bought some parts.

The same people bitching about md shows will be bitching about pa shows.

Sad but true... And they are also likely to be the first ones bitching because there are no more LGSs in Maryland.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    A lot of LGS dealers do not attend the shows. Most of those I use have almost as many guns in stock as there were at the whole show. The decline of the shows is not because people are not going, it is because the dealers are either not going or bringing second rate crap to the show and charging premium prices. The dealers are doing the shows in by not doing their part to make the shows a good shopping experience. When you stand at a dealers table and they can not be bothered because they are talking to their buddy, when they mislead the customer either deliberately or due to their own ignorance, when their attitude reeks of arrogance, they are turning their customer base off. How many times do you hear people say that they go to a show just because they run into friends, because they never find anything interesting or not overpriced? I hear it a lot! In years past, when gun shows had guns and the dealers were pleasant and knowledgeable, I usually brought something home. For several years now, I have left without buying anything other than a few small parts and often, not even that! It is not the customer that is causing the shows to decline! I still buy, I just buy elsewhere.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    A lot of LGS dealers do not attend the shows. Most of those I use have almost as many guns in stock as there were at the whole show. The decline of the shows is not because people are not going, it is because the dealers are either not going or bringing second rate crap to the show and charging premium prices. The dealers are doing the shows in by not doing their part to make the shows a good shopping experience. When you stand at a dealers table and they can not be bothered because they are talking to their buddy, when they mislead the customer either deliberately or due to their own ignorance, when their attitude reeks of arrogance, they are turning their customer base off. How many times do you hear people say that they go to a show just because they run into friends, because they never find anything interesting or not overpriced? I hear it a lot! In years past, when gun shows had guns and the dealers were pleasant and knowledgeable, I usually brought something home. For several years now, I have left without buying anything other than a few small parts and often, not even that! It is not the customer that is causing the shows to decline! I still buy, I just buy elsewhere.

The decline of the shows is not because people are not going, it is because the dealers are either not going or bringing second rate crap to the show and charging premium prices.
    what a load of horse sh!t.
    ever worked behind a table at one of these shows?
    i know of only one dealer who charges MSRP. most others are there to make some money but not to give guns away.

The dealers are doing the shows in by not doing their part to make the shows a good shopping experience.
    do you want candy and flowers? if you arent the center of attention at a table, you can ask for assistance.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Correct and well said.

The gun show is a business; a collection of businesses under 1 roof. To believe that businesses fail due to it's customers is ignorant of basic economics . They fail because they don't provide the goods and services desired by the customers, at a competitive price. This is what I've seen at the Timonium Gun Show and many of its vendors starting a few years ago and why I no longer go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom