• DE295074-3B94-495D-AB3F-A7A6D48C8C19.jpeg
      DE295074-3B94-495D-AB3F-A7A6D48C8C19.jpeg
      11.4 KB · Views: 847

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    And who is your daddy, a Shockwave option is available too!!

Attachments

• C58A1305-9AE2-48F7-A7BD-C41E4122C6F6.jpeg
      C58A1305-9AE2-48F7-A7BD-C41E4122C6F6.jpeg
      15.5 KB · Views: 848

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So the big question to me is how much do spare mags cost.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Shockwave DM makes sense.

The others offer a reduction in capacity for the most part.

Id do a Shockwave DM... who has one!? :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    FINALLY. I know some people hate mag-fed shotguns, but they're my thing. Tube-loading sucks. Assuming this is reliable (which I've heard that BAT guns aren't), I'm in for one. Factory mags mean a real standard, which means after-market. Definitely thinking the Tac-14 version SBS using a form 1. I guess I'd convert the old 870 to bullpup config and stash it with my folks.

Also, is the latch release larger, or is that just my imagination? That would be a nice improvement.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    So just had time to look into this after the few days previous reveal emails leading up to last night. I my self have always been a Remington shotgun guy over mossy. Personal preference but a Mag fed pump... odd? Yes. Any opinion on a Mag fed semi that falls into the retail price of <$800 you guy would suggest.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I don’t get it, I hope Remington can salvage themselves but it won’t be from guns like this. Beyond finding themselves along with a new CEO, quality control is their biggest hurdle to get buyers to return

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I like the idea that it keeps the weight away from the muzzle and should be easier to reload but why not jump directly into the mag fed semi market? This seems like a half measure...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, I will not be lining up to buy this thing. Mag fed shotguns have feeding reliability to begin with, and on top of that, it is a pump. Too much to ask for Remington to design something from the ground up in a semi that is ground breaking. Innovation/invention is what brings in the money. Gimmicks to already existing products, meh.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So just had time to look into this after the few days previous reveal emails leading up to last night. I my self have always been a Remington shotgun guy over mossy. Personal preference but a Mag fed pump... odd? Yes. Any opinion on a Mag fed semi that falls into the retail price of <$800 you guy would suggest.

Atlantic sells an AR style 12 gauge that takes magazines. $600.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    If you like the look that's cool but it looks awkward as hell to me and it only adds a couple more rounds. Just put an extended tube on it and get the extra cap while maintaining the ergonomics

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you like the look that's cool but it looks awkward as hell to me and it only adds a couple more rounds. Just put an extended tube on it and get the extra cap while maintaining the ergonomics
    Speaking as someone who owns both an 870 and a Saiga 12, I don't understand this criticism at all. Do people really find tube-fed guns all that smooth to use? Seems like the gross motor movement of slapping a stick mag in a magazine well is WAY easier and faster than trying to stuff a shell in a tube. I get that tube guns have their place in a hunting scenario where your magazine is limited and you may be changing ammo types semi-frequently, but I see only pluses for magazines pretty much everywhere else.

My beef with the Saiga 12 is that rock-and-lock is a bit tricky on it... not that it takes sticks and drums.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    FINALLY. I know some people hate mag-fed shotguns, but they're my thing. Tube-loading sucks. Assuming this is reliable (which I've heard that BAT guns aren't), I'm in for one. Factory mags mean a real standard, which means after-market. Definitely thinking the Tac-14 version SBS using a form 1. I guess I'd convert the old 870 to bullpup config and stash it with my folks.

Also, is the latch release larger, or is that just my imagination? That would be a nice improvement.

I know you hate arm braces per your signature but the SB Tactical works wonderfully on my Tac-14

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom