• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Today is the last official day for the Silver Spring store , I'd say I wish I could see it but that would mean I'm in MD and MOCO and that will never happen now that I made good my getaway . Thanks to C19 my employer now realized we don't need face to face meets and closed up our office in DC , I will miss that old Shop and the guys that were so patient with all my questions and general lack of knowledge helping me along , It was a Great Shop and I hope that will carry forward to the new one ,

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    sad to see you guys leave silver spring but congrats! I purchased my first ever rifle at your silver spring location.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I went in the Rockville store for the last time today to make a good bye purchase. Next week I look forward to making my first pick up from the new location.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I heard that they won't be doing a Grand Opening because of Covid 19 limitations on the number of people in the store . Putting it all under one roof at this time seems a little risky . Hope they can do well . I always wondered why they didn't move just over the Fredrick County line so they don't have to deal with Montgomery County and all the love they have for Gun Shops .

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    New store? New place?

Congratulations on the move! I will have to check this out one day as things get better.

two miles north of our current Rockville store.

Awfully hard to have a tragic boat accident in the bay with that short of a move.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I heard that they won't be doing a Grand Opening because of Covid 19 limitations on the number of people in the store . Putting it all under one roof at this time seems a little risky . Hope they can do well . I always wondered why they didn't move just over the Fredrick County line so they don't have to deal with Montgomery County and all the love they have for Gun Shops .

Since Frederick county is so blue these days, why not just slide on into red county of Carroll and be done with it.

Blue areas need gun shops so I am glad they exists, I wish there was more.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Urbana/Monrovia/Ijamsville area in particular. Carroll County is slowly turning blue from Baltimore City refugees.

When I first moved to Takoma, it was a third full of Adventists. They all moved to Urbana after the Metro came in. I don't know where they'll go next.

Good neighbors.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thought we’d swing by on re-opening day to wish Atlantic well. Currently a one hour wait to get in! So, having a sammich and coffee in the (full!) lot and waiting our turn.

Attachments

• 85585B08-FF90-4F2A-8465-44CD4AEA2990.jpg
      85585B08-FF90-4F2A-8465-44CD4AEA2990.jpg
      138.5 KB · Views: 444

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thought we’d swing by on re-opening day to wish Atlantic well. Currently a one hour wait to get in! So, having a sammich and coffee in the (full!) lot and waiting our turn.

*****That's awesome! That shopping center has better parking and the store is in a better location from a visual perspective than the old store down the road.

I also know several Moms Demand Action types that live across the street in King Farm that will probably blow a gasket or two when they see a gun store so close to their homes. :thumbsup:

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    The Urbana/Monrovia/Ijamsville area in particular. Carroll County is slowly turning blue from Baltimore City refugees.

Yeah, it is nuts, there are a few single family homes close to my house with BLM and Biden signs out front.

The one place got their signs spray painted a few days ago.

I figured some of the folk are people from Howard who can't afford or don't want to be there anymore.

I wish they realized that their politics typically ruin a space when unchecked.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Yeah...all these new people moving into Frederick County...which is their right to do so...work in or close in to DC or Baltimore with high incomes. They move here where it's cheaper but they want all the same services that MoCo gives them so long-time residents of Frederick are getting taxed out of existence to provide those services. It's been happening for many years but the pace has accelerated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom