• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sentus1911

Jun 7, 2020
    Arnold, MD
    Hiya fellas,

New member from Arnold, been living in the area about 10 years, previously from RI. Been shooting since I was a kid, but picked up my first handgun (RIA 1911) back in 2011. Built my first AR a few months ago. Hoping to join Stoney Creek soon, but I'm having a good time shooting and training at Freestate in the meantime.

Other than guns I'm into cars, boats, PC gaming and R/C airplanes.

Cheers!

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Anne Arundel Fish and Game in St. Margarets might be closer to your location...Just a suggestion.
    Not sure what shooting activities you are looking for. If you want over 100 yds for high power then Stoney Creek, if action pistol or other pistol 'competitions' etc. Anne Arundel would be a better choice (Stoney Creek has only a pistol league). For trap it's probably a toss up though; Anne Arundel has voice activated releases while Stoney creek still relies on a person to release the bird.
    Welcome

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

Sentus1911

Jun 7, 2020
    Arnold, MD
    Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the tips on Stoney Creek vs. AAFG. AAFG is a little closer to me, 10 mins instead of 20 mins for Stoney Creek. I'm planning to attend the meeting at SC this Friday to say hello. It seems like the only events open to the public at AAFG are trap shoots on Tuesday, maybe I'll drop by one of those too.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the tips on Stoney Creek vs. AAFG. AAFG is a little closer to me, 10 mins instead of 20 mins for Stoney Creek. I'm planning to attend the meeting at SC this Friday to say hello. It seems like the only events open to the public at AAFG are trap shoots on Tuesday, maybe I'll drop by one of those too.

You'll need a sponsor to join either club.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD

AAFG also has rimfire and cowboy matches and Appleseed.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I imagine that many private clubs have few shooting events open to the public, particularly in areas of dense populations such as Anne Arundel county. The reason the trap shoots are open (my guess) is that shot doesn't travel that far, but should a pistol or rifle projectile leave the range, the club would be liable and their insurance company would probably make the premiums for that type of incident be so high as to be impractical.
    Hodgepodge makes a few valid points and I think, though I may be wrong, AAF&G also has IDPA(?) matches open to the public.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom