• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    That said, if the armed "male victim" was a renter, I'm sure he'll be charged with something firearm related.

If you are from out of state visiting in MD it's legal to have your handgun in your place of temporary residence, carrying it outside of there as we all know is a different matter.

This is great, I’m actually surprised that giving its Ocean City that the home owner wasn’t charged with some gun crimes

This happens in OC more than you might think. Lots of "OC Burglaries" where drunken idiots attempt to or do break into the wrong condo/apartment/house etc thinking it's theirs. *eyeroll.

There are a lot of gun owners in OC and some idiot getting held at gunpoint by the homeowner is not that of an uncommon occurrence there. I don't know of any homeowners who have ever gotten in trouble for it after the cops show up.

I think the last time a homeowner gut in trouble with a gun (assuming it wasn't something domestic related or outright illegal) was when some dude fired at a boat in the bay or canal during one of the hurricanes a few years ago. The neighbors' boat broke loose and was going to crash into his water front house so the guy tried to sink it by shooting at it with a rifle I think it was. He got a citation or something for it for firing a gun within town limits and was later found not guilty. The article is in the local newspapers somewhere.

fchan

Dec 14, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    :mad54:
    di not notice any of the papers around Baltimore picking up on this story? News casts?
    I guess they only write about criminal gun violance and blame it on us.

TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    Out of state okay....MD residents not okay.

WTF??

No one said anything about it not being ok for in-state people.

The quote I referred too was about someone saying if the guy had been a "renter"he probably would have gotten in trouble. Most renters in OC are out of state vacationers and I said they would be fine.

I didn't say anything about in state residents not being fine. An in state MD resident having a gun in a temporary rental would also be fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom