• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's about the biggest show in Maryland. But that's not saying much. A lot of non-firearm related items. Go, if you've never been. But there are better shows out of state (PA and VA).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's a hit-or-miss show, and can vary in size.

Although, the last couple have had more new dealers than I've seen in a couple years.

That's not saying much. How many could that be (real dealers), 8 to 10 at the most?

Remember, this is the show where one of our members, almost got arrested for trying to give away a free $1 discount coupon.

I haven't been back since.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I agree with Mr. H. Timonium can be hit or miss, it's close, but it is kinda small. Likewise, the Gettysburg show can be hit or miss although it's a bit of a drive from Harford County. I got some odds & ends at the last Howard County show. It's a little over an hour from my home in Harford County. York can be kind of nice: I usually spend too much there & it's only 45 minutes away. :D Oaks is the biggie (two hours of Pa. highway driving). I've bought a lot of ammo there & the family's bought several large ticket items. Lastly, I like Lebanon. Yes, it's a good hour & a half away, smallish, but we always find something (and Shyda's Gun shop is really close, but closed Sundays). Also, the catering is good & reasonable! Whew, I'm done. :innocent0

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    The Howard County Show has been OK. I think the prices coming down on ammo might make it worthwhile. I picked up an upper for my last build there. Prices on firearms are all over the map... due diligence is a must! I go here because it's only 30 minutes away.

The York show in PA is the one I save up for. I've purchased several long guns here. Almost bought a nice Mossberg 590, but it was gone by the time I came back around. Mags are a must at this show.

I'll make it down to the Nation's show in Chantilly one of these days.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The Timonium show stopped being enjoyable several years ago. With York, Gettysburg and Harrisburg relatively close by, there's no need for me to go anywhere else, except occasionally the 3-day Oaks Extravaganza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom