• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    Looking for opinions on the Wilson Combat KZ45 double stack 1911, also looking for an approximate value on an unfired early model in new condition.
    If I get pics, I will post them.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had one. Good gun. Accuracy was very good. Reliable. For ten rounds of 45 ACP ACP the grip frame worked well. Just didn’t care for the balance with the poly frame. I amnpast that and I do have a hint of seller’s remorse.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have one and really like it. I find I actually do like the balance and the trigger/accuracy are pure Wilson. The value seems to jump around but the last 2 on GB went for 1200-1500. I think this is a little high but the other day I gave op on a KZ9, when it went for over 1500 so what do I know. One issue is who knows how long magazines will be around I believe they are still available from wilson to free states.

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    Thanks guys.

I had one. Good gun. Accuracy was very good. Reliable. For ten rounds of 45 ACP ACP the grip frame worked well. Just didn’t care for the balance with the poly frame. I amnpast that and I do have a hint of seller’s remorse.

I have one and really like it. I find I actually do like the balance and the trigger/accuracy are pure Wilson. The value seems to jump around but the last 2 on GB went for 1200-1500. I think this is a little high but the other day I gave op on a KZ9, when it went for over 1500 so what do I know. One issue is who knows how long magazines will be around I believe they are still available from wilson to free states.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

Not sure but you can investigate the BUL 10 shot 45. BUL made the frames or its their design, IIRC. I think the mags may work.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Not sure but you can investigate the BUL 10 shot 45. BUL made the frames or its their design, IIRC. I think the mags may work.

Thanks that's good to know. Funny how I assumed the mag would be illegal in Md., guess I'm trained that anything extra is a no no. Thanks

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    It’s not marked as a KZ 45 but definitely appears to be one. It’s a 2002 model with a low serial number of WCP 0002**. It has the bag, two mags, two manuals, test target and the QC and test fire checklist.

Not sure if anything effects the value or not.

Attachments

• 3C3F7647-9CC3-4DFC-94A4-77B87DD444CF.jpg
      3C3F7647-9CC3-4DFC-94A4-77B87DD444CF.jpg
      105.7 KB · Views: 222
    • 37DDB32B-FC1F-4B67-AAEE-58302AE488E6.jpg
      37DDB32B-FC1F-4B67-AAEE-58302AE488E6.jpg
      136.7 KB · Views: 229

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Isn't that KZ 45 Stamped in r side of slide ? No offense, I wouldn't call that almost new from the pix I see.

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    I haven’t seen it in person and didn’t notice that in the pic. He says it’s never been fired, that it’s been sitting in the safe since he bought it.

Isn't that KZ 45 Stamped in r side of slide ? No offense, I wouldn't call that almost new from the pix I see.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Oh I see you are thinking of buying. The finish on those is really tough so the scratches indicate to me it's been well used.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Safe queens really shouldn't be that scratched up, IMO. You could send it off to WC for a refinish but if the seller is misrepresenting about the gun's past I'd walk. Not saying they are, maybe the guy just tosses shit into his safe? lol

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    it was definitely not in the bag it was just laying on a shelf in the safe, i was on video chat with him when he pulled it out to show me, he also had to look for the soft case.

Safe queens really shouldn't be that scratched up, IMO. You could send it off to WC for a refinish but if the seller is misrepresenting about the gun's past I'd walk. Not saying they are, maybe the guy just tosses shit into his safe? lol

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    it was definitely not in the bag it was just laying on a shelf in the safe, i was on video chat with him when he pulled it out to show me, he also had to look for the soft case.

Well, if you're buying it just for a shooter then - go for it. It's damn nice looking, scratches aside. Good luck!

Edit: WC Refinishing prices

Attachments

• WC Refinishing.jpg
      WC Refinishing.jpg
      99.5 KB · Views: 131

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Don't get me wrong, it's probably a great shooter and reliable. Also check on sights most Ive seen came with NS. If so they will be done by now. As a gamble I offer 700, maybe 800 unless you can take it out and shoot it to see how you like it. Don't confuse it with other Wilsons, these were 1395 new not 3K and up.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's safe wear from a packed safe. Contrary to claims otherwise, these are not BUL M5 frames, they were made in South Africa IIRC.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    It's safe wear from a packed safe. Contrary to claims otherwise, these are not BUL M5 frames, they were made in South Africa IIRC.

I stand corrected, erwos. Thanks. Ryan Wilson confirmed that 20 years back.

The price of these have been going up. Not sure I’d pay 1300-1500. A poly Rock River Arms is under $1k, just not a 10 shot. Another 400-500 will get one a new Baer or a good use Brown or Nighthawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom