• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Alphabrew, that's also a 1945 and in a block of S/N's for B's (not an A). Fingers crossed it comes with all it's pieces parts.

Maybe I missed it, but were these guns coming with a spare mag like we originally thought?

Yes, both of mine came with 2 mags each.

Be aware people!!!! Do not dry fire these guns. Firing pins break easily and parts are hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know. I've already put few imaginary rounds down range in mine. :o

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Alphabrew, that's also a 1945 and in a block of S/N's for B's (not an A). Fingers crossed it comes with all it's pieces parts.

Maybe I missed it, but were these guns coming with a spare mag like we originally thought?

You da man, thanks. My receipt list a mag separate, but not sure it's that's the only mag or an extra mag.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You da man, thanks. My receipt list a mag separate, but not sure it's that's the only mag or an extra mag.

I was worried about this. I talked to Steve and he wasn't sure if they were shipping with one or two. My invoice has the pistol listed and then a mag listed (as well as a cleaning rod).

I was very happy to see the loose mag AND the one in the pistol!

..... then I saw the extractor hole.......

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    You should get a PDF when you get the shipping notice.
    That's werid I never got a shipping notice from them. The only reason I know mine got shipped is because I got a email about a package on my Fedex account. Oh well I will see what I got tomorrow anyway.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Still waiting for my shipping notice, how do they ship, UPS or FedEx?

Mine came FedEx two day.

That's werid I never got a shipping notice from them. The only reason I know mine got shipped is because I got a email about a package on my Fedex account. Oh well I will see what I got tomorrow anyway.

I might have only got one because I emailed them about it.

Jul 1, 2012
    Just like a 1911, slowly ride the hammer down manually while pulling trigger

Unlike a 1911, you can engage the thumb safety with the hammer down on a Star. Sometimes you need to give the hammer a little nudge backwards (whether it's cocked or uncocked) to get the safety to engage. Same with the Ballester-Molina which is basically a Star.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Abulg - I ordered mine Thurs like you and am showing payment received like you, I'm hoping it ships today

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    How long did it take between the time you ordered and the time it shipped? I ordered mine on Thursday and my order status shows "payment received".

More than week because my order was on hold and they never contacted me to tell me they needed add'l info. They needed my phone number, which strangely was on the order confirmation I received from them. Once I followed up with them and helped clear the holds on my account, it shipped maybe two or three days later.

They def have some quirky processes, but if I get a good pistol I'll be happy.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    How long did it take between the time you ordered and the time it shipped? I ordered mine on Thursday and my order status shows "payment received".

Abulg - I ordered mine Thurs like you and am showing payment received like you, I'm hoping it ships today

Century isn't big on sending out e-mails that they've shipped something. I'm surprised anyone here has gotten such a notice, but those were people who contacted them and asked.

It will show "payment received" on your account even before they charge your card. That apparently just means that they have your payment info. What usually happens is that they'll "ping" your account with one or two $1 charges, to see that it's active, and then they'll start to process the order for shipping. Once you see those charges (which aren't collected, BTW), it's usually about 2-5 days before they ship. At that point, they just ship it without any notice.

If you see a full-price charge on your account, that means it's actually being processed for shipping. It usually goes out that day, or the next (from my experience). If you have a UPS and FedEx account, you should see tracking info posted once the thing has been shipped. My last handgun from them went FedEx 2-day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom