• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    With the Vegas shooting headlining most of the news networks, it seems that prices on bumpstocks have skyrocketed or that sales have been stopped.

So what is a red blooded American on a tight budget to do?

Build one for about $25. I was surprised to find several videos on the subject on YouTube.

Now, I can't really afford the ammo it would consume so if I decide to build one, it would be rarely used.

I cannot see paying hundreds of dollars to buy one now, especially some are trying to take advantage because of recent events.

To those that bought a bunch in the last few days hoping to cash in,... keep 'em. If I get one, it will one that I build myself.

After all, it ain't rocket surgery! A collapsible stock, hand grip, a little JB Weld, a short metal bar, a bolt and washer, some scrap plastic,... and "Abra cadabra", have some fun!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    iu

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I got no problem with it. It's not like it's something like gasoline that people need to power their generators after a hurricane.

It’s capitalism.

One of the IP's posted that they had one sitting on their shelf for sale for $100 for over a year. Prices just went nuts and they sold it for $450.

You can bet if I had one that I had paid 75-$100 for I'd not hesitate to let it go for $450, or more if someone offered.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I got no problem with it. It's not like it's something like gasoline that people need to power their generators after a hurricane.

One of the IP's posted that they had one sitting on their shelf for sale for $100 for over a year. Prices just went nuts and they sold it for $450.

You can bet if I had one that I had paid 75-$100 for I'd not hesitate to let it go for $450, or more if someone offered.

I would have sold it in a heartbeat too.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Supply and demand and of course being illegal at some point in the future.
    Some people have deep pockets and are not afraid to panic buy.
    So buy one or not it's your choice.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    With the Vegas shooting headlining most of the news networks, it seems that prices on bumpstocks have skyrocketed or that sales have been stopped.

So what is a red blooded American on a tight budget to do?

Build one for about $25. I was surprised to find several videos on the subject on YouTube.

Now, I can't really afford the ammo it would consume so if I decide to build one, it would be rarely used.

I cannot see paying hundreds of dollars to buy one now, especially some are trying to take advantage because of recent events.

To those that bought a bunch in the last few days hoping to cash in,... keep 'em. If I get one, it will one that I build myself.

After all, it ain't rocket surgery! A collapsible stock, hand grip, a little JB Weld, a short metal bar, a bolt and washer, some scrap plastic,... and "Abra cadabra", have some fun!

hell I was to cheap to buy one before the frenzy, I maid one a few years back for next to nothing and very little time. I think I may have used it 2-4 times

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Just because it sold doesn't mean the seller will get the money. I've seen a Whitney Wolverine go for big money only to be relisted a month later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Here is a bargain.

https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=32951

This is hardly price gouging or profiteering. Bump Fire stocks are not essential or a necessity. They are a commodity and at this time the demand far outweighs the supply. Those who have one set the price and those who have the cash and want one can have one. Those who don't have cash cant get one. Too bad. Life aint fair.

On another note, bump fire stocks suck anyways. In my experience, they are very tough to shoot and you need to have lots of very expensive practice using them. I would not pay you $5 for one.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I sold 1 of mine on Gun Broker today. I sent him my Paypal info and I had the payment in 10 minutes. People realize that these things won't be available after some time, so they're wanting to buy one while they can. As far as me selling it for a lot more than I paid, isn't that what investing is all about? You don't say this about your 401k do you? I've got something that someone wants. They are willing to pay for my asking price.

Isn't that the American way?

PS, if the prices continue to rise, I'll sell the other one too. Nothing wrong with making more than 1000% off of your investment.

Yes, this is one time that a firearm accessory became a great investment.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I sold 1 of mine on Gun Broker today. I sent him my Paypal info and I had the payment in 10 minutes. People realize that these things won't be available after some time, so they're wanting to buy one while they can. As far as me selling it for a lot more than I paid, isn't that what investing is all about? You don't say this about your 401k do you? I've got something that someone wants. They are willing to pay for my asking price.

Isn't that the American way?

PS, if the prices continue to rise, I'll sell the other one too. Nothing wrong with making more than 1000% off of your investment.

Yes, this is one time that a firearm accessory became a great investment.
    Absolutely! Well done. Its just supply and demand. And what the market will bear. If someone is willing to pay good for you. If i had a bump stock i would sell it for a profit today as well.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Meh, I never wanted a bumpstock before Vegas and I still don't want one. Though it did get me looking into other options... :D

Wait it out... either it'll become an NFA item or it won't. The latter means that they will be back to $100 each 6 months from now. Actually since they aren't serialed it's more likely there will simply be a ban/recall vs any kind of grandfathering and registration.

But IMO the recent statements by the NRA and pols that we should "look into it" are code for "we aren't doing anything, but maybe we'll debate it to make people feel better".

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    At this point I think bump/slide fire stocks, as well as the myriad other "fire rate accellerators" like binary triggers etc. are an endangered species, I don't think it makes much sense to run out and spend big bucks on them unless you're preparing for some kind of apocalyptic scenario. If they are made illegal, simply possessing one could land you in prison, not worth it to me that's for sure, especially when you consider a good heavy duty rubber band and some practice will do essentially the same thing.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I never thought they would become so expensive because some idiot would use 12 of them to commit multiple murders, but I did think something would happen (ATF changing their minds) to make them much more expensive.

I don't know if they will sustain their price point, but I'm probably going to sell my second one since the price just keeps going up.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    At this point I think bump/slide fire stocks, as well as the myriad other "fire rate accellerators" like binary triggers etc. are an endangered species, I don't think it makes much sense to run out and spend big bucks on them unless you're preparing for some kind of apocalyptic scenario. If they are made illegal, simply possessing one could land you in prison, not worth it to me that's for sure, especially when you consider a good heavy duty rubber band and some practice will do essentially the same thing.

I hope the demand outweighs the supply for a few more day. ;)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    oh my....

Attachments

• water prices houston.jpg
      water prices houston.jpg
      94.7 KB · Views: 1,157

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Supply meets Demand.

Private Property is essential to Liberty.

One should be able to charge whatever they want for their labor, physical property, intellectual property. If one asks "too much" for somwething and someone agrees, then it was not "too much".

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Price gouging? You mean capitalism, right? Simple supply and demand, sir.

That said, I will be looking up how to make my own out of sheer curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom